The University of Iowa Center for Advancement (UICA) seeks an advancement program coordinator for the Stead Family Children's Hospital development team. This position provides high-level, proactive administrative support for assigned program, works closely with campus partners, and coordinates moderately complex projects without direction from others.
• Prioritizes potential donors or alumni for advancement officer, recommends people to see, and suggests next steps; plans campus visits for prospects, donors, and/or alumni; enters contact reports based on direct contact with prospect or campus partner
• Works directly with campus partner to brainstorm ideas and develop stewardship plans for specific projects; executes the stewardship idea, securing materials, budget, etc.
• Creates detailed profile of meeting attendees; summarizes BGI information and other available information into a new profile document for the advancement officer's use
• Creates presentations or program documents from scratch with limited information provided from others; researches and organizes information in order to effectively convey core message
• Creates procedures and shares best practices for internal processes
• Creates original project plan templates in project management software or spreadsheets
• Collaborates with campus partners on event planning decisions; decides when an event is necessary, what type of event it will be, who will attend, and what the event will accomplish; produces original materials for events
• Manipulates and converts data into usable information; creates and modifies complex spreadsheets and produces graphical or written summaries of information; identifies themes and presents information to convey core message to a specific audience
High school diploma + 9 years administrative experience, OR associate’s degree + 7 years administrative experience, OR bachelor’s degree + 4 years administrative experience.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary and benefits package.
About University of Iowa Center for Advancement
By working for the UICA, you can play an important role in providing life-changing opportunities, not just for students pursuing their career goals, but for individuals around the world who benefit from the University's services and programs, and from leading-edge research and advancements in medicine.
The University of Iowa Center for Advancement (UICA) is an independent nonprofit located on the north edge of campus, formed by joining the UI Alumni Association and the UI Foundation. Our mission is to advance the University of Iowa through engagement and philanthropy, and we are committed to engaging everyone who loves the University of Iowa—alumni, fans, patients, art lovers, students, parents, and friends—through programming, events, and opportunities to give back. By working for the UICA, you can play an important role in providing life-changing opportunities, not just for students pursuing their career goals, but for individuals around the world who benefit from the University's services and programs, and from leading-edge research and advancements in medicine. Learn more at http://www.foriowa.org/ and www.foriowa.org/careers/.