Bilzin Sumberg is seeking a detail-oriented Events Specialist to support the Marketing team’s event function and special initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to participate in a collaborative team environment, be proactive in contributing new ideas, and provide strategic business development and marketing guidance related to event participation. Attention to detail and organization, including project management, are key attributes of this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to developing budgets, researching venues and vendors, managing the administrative support for all firm-wide events, tracking and reporting on ROI, maintaining the firm's intranet events calendar, and assisting with firm and practice group sponsorship deliverables. This role will also work closely with partners and other members of the Marketing team to support firm-hosted client events with a particular focus on strategic client targeting and project management throughout the event cycle.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in event management and business development. A bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, hospitality management, or communications is highly preferred. Flexible schedules and the ability to work afterhours or weekends is necessary.
• Identify/develop events and speaking opportunities that drive execution of practice group business plans.
• Coordinate participation of professional organization and bar-related conferences.
• Strategic fulfillment of table sponsorships.
• Track and report on event participation and ROI.
• Handle research and negotiations for event-related contracts, including food and beverage, audiovisual, signage, etc.
• Work closely with the InterAction and digital marketing teams to master use of CRM system and email marketing program.
• Manage firm events from pre-planning (including project planning, venue selection, contract negotiation, budget, communication with key stakeholders, coordination of team members, invitee list) to execution and post-event responsibilities (including timely thank you communications, surveys, event recaps, processing invoices, updating CRM).
About Bilzin Sumberg
Bilzin Sumberg works with clients whose business and legal opportunities and challenges span the United States and cross borders to Europe, Latin America, Canada, the Middle East, and Asia. The firm's growth has paralleled that of its Miami home base, a region known for its rich cultural, social, and professional diversity. Bilzin Sumberg lawyers concentrate on services at the heart of both regional and international commerce, including real estate, land development and government relations, environmental, corporate law, joint ventures, domestic and international tax and estate planning, business litigation, finance, and public/private partnerships.