The Program Manager of the Mobile Dental Clinic is responsible for the operational management of the Mobile Dental Clinic (MDC) program at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, and acts as a representative of the School of Dentistry’s Outreach Division and UCare for the MDC. The program manager oversees long range goals as well as day-to-day operations, using the latest technology and tools to maintain an efficient workflow.
Under the general supervision of the Director, this position provides leadership to connect UCare members with dental care throughout the state of Minnesota. This includes being responsible for facilitating discussions and serving as the direct authority for all customer service needs for MDC site contacts, affiliate partners, students, faculty/staff, and patients of the MDC.
Supervision & Leadership (30%)
• Recruit, hire, supervise, mentor, and evaluate MDC administrative staff • Manage the recruitment and hiring of MDC dental faculty, as directed by the Outreach Division Director. • Serve as project lead on data and information collection, write-up, and submission of Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) reporting for new off-campus educational training sites. • Serve as the spokesperson for the MDC on behalf of the Outreach Division and UCare. • Manage the annual operating budget in conjunction with the department financial administrator and report financial outcomes to the department chair and CFO. • Manage all monthly and yearly reporting requirements from UCare. • Gather, compare, analyze, and create data reports based on clinical efficiency, provider productivity, completed services, and patient demographics. • Collaborate with the Director of the Outreach Division on MDC site selection, patient concerns, and student issues. • Make recommendations to ensure long-term sustainability of the MDC program. • Participate in supervisor development trainings.
Clinical Operations Management: (30%)
• Provide management expertise for clinic operations. • Facilitate dental triage for patient’s concerns and needs using expertise in dental terminology and treatment. • Document and update all MDC policies and procedures in the MDC manual. • Create and review effective protocol with technology, including patient release of records, patient referrals, and scheduling. • Provide leadership and supervision of the MDC patient schedule in AxiUm and verify that patients are eligible for Mobile Dental Clinic services. • Provide the oversight needed to ensure that Outreach site requirements are met for the UCare Mobile Dental Clinic. • Ensure proper MDC clinic protocol in regards to OSHA, HIPAA, and the MN Board of Dentistry as directed by the School of Dentistry Health and Safety Office. • Manage existing and renewed Outreach Division Affiliation Agreements and Professional Services Agreements. • Review annually and coordinate changes to UCare products with School of Dentistry patient accounting • Schedule and participate in the MDC radiation safety audit on a yearly basis and communicate pertinent information regarding updated radiation safety rules and regulations to staff and faculty.
• Process student expense reimbursements and reconcile purchasing cards for the MDC. • Implement operational changes as needed in collaboration with the Outreach Division Director. • Lead quarterly MDC student meetings, manage hotel arrangements, ensure faculty coverage for road trips, and submit reimbursement forms in a timely manner. (The student meetings provide an orientation to the MDC, Outreach expectations, and overview of the student code of conduct.) • Delegate MDC responsibilities to the patient care coordinator and drivers. • Coordinate faculty and driver scheduling of the Mobile Dental Clinic. • Provide direction to the school's student scheduling coordinator to coordinate the MDC student rotations.
Public Relations, Service Development, and Advocacy: (10%)
• Develop and maintain relationships with community organizations throughout the State that interact with the MDC and UCare. • Direct and facilitate monthly affiliate meetings. Affiliates include UCare, Delta Dental of MN, county public health directors, and local community site representatives. Attend meetings as the representative of the Outreach Division and the MDC. • Coordinate media events including coordinating with community partners in outstate areas, coordinating interviews, developing talking points for UCare and the School of Dentistry, scheduling, and obtaining media releases. • Create, edit, and design MDC and UCare materials for dental professionals and other audiences. • Travel to metro and outstate areas of Minnesota to advocate for the MDC, upon request. • Disseminate MDC news stories to all staff and faculty in the Department of Primary Dental Care.
Technology and Process Development: (10%)
• Serve as project lead on all initiatives for purchasing and maintenance of hardware and axiUm software upgrades. • Provide AxiUm technology expertise for the MDC staff and acts as a mediator between the Mobile Dental Clinic and School of Dentistry Information Technology Team as needed. • Conduct patient chart reviews based on procedures complete and clinical notes for accurate claim submission.
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials.
Bachelor's degree or a combination of program coordination and education to equal four (4) years.
Proficiency with Word, Excel, and electronic calendars.
Previous experience reconciling accounts and financial reporting.
Previous experience using electronic dental/medical records.
Exceptional customer service skills and professional demeanor.
At least one year of experience in a dental-related field.
Master's degree in related field, with a strong interest in Public Health outcomes, or six years of relevant experience in dental clinic management.
Demonstrated experience using interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, working independently, showing initiative, and meeting deadlines.
Demonstrated experience managing and manipulating spreadsheets.
Internal Number: 331996
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.