1) As a member of the Marketing and Communications team, this position will support areas of event planning, promotion, and execution including but not limited to on-line registration, event follow-up and data management, and assist with on-site logistics for a diverse portfolio of global events ranging in size and location.
2) Enterprise events are defined as events aimed at increasing brand visibility and showcasing the significant contributions of Chicago Booth across a variety of audiences, from prospective students to our alumni community, corporate partners and others within the Chicago Booth community.
3) Coordinate logistics and event, both day of and promotional, materials for domestic and international enterprise events.
4) Communicate with internal and external key stakeholders regarding enterprise events, to keep everyone informed and on the same page. Includes creation of event briefings.
5) Manage all facets of event registration, on-site event management, and any needed follow-up.
6) Create day of and promotional enterprise event materials for domestic and international events ensuring alignment with enterprise event and brand strategy and ensure they arrive to each destination in a timely manner.
7) As an integral member of the enterprise events team, provide on-site assistance at designated events for all day-of logistics.
8) Work with Director of Enterprise Events to maximize the impact of enterprise events.
9) Responsible for preparing all enterprise event documentation and coordinates with key event stakeholders to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of events.
10) Learn and understand capabilities of the on-line event registration system (Cvent). Build enterprise event registration pages. Monitor registration and provide necessary reports either pre or post event.
11) Create a post-event debrief detailing success per pre-established metrics as well as qualitative feedback and key learnings.
12) Interface with the Advancement Data, Institutional Research and Marketing Analytics teams to properly track engagement and follow-up after enterprise events.
13) Manage a calendar of enterprise events with the internal stakeholders to help open all lines of communication throughout the planning process.
14) Manage administrative event related tasks.
1) Proven collaborative and interpersonal skills.
2) Ability to effectively work as part of a team in varying roles, including responding to last minute tasks with professionalism.
3) Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
4) Ability to learn software and databases, in particular the event registration system, email marketing, and Griffin.
5) Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, thinks creatively and reacts to changes and adjustments quickly.
6) Problem solving skills.
7) Evening and weekend hours periodically.
8) Travel periodically.
1) A minimum three years of relevant experience, such as event or conference planning.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05911
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.