Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC), headquartered in Hermiston, Oregon is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Manager of Member Services. UEC is experiencing rapid growth in the commercial and industrial area and has a challenging position for the right candidate.
The Manager of Member Services is responsible for overseeing activities of the Member Services Department, including member and key account relations, community outreach, public relations and member-facing programs. Oversees the planning, development and execution of strategies to promote exceptional member service, member communication and perception of Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) in alignment with the overall strategic mission of the cooperative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include other duties as assigned.
· Oversees and ensures professional representation of the cooperative in providing service through member contacts, communications and ongoing relationship building.
· Directs the messaging and branding of the cooperative to external audiences and media, ensuring professional execution of external communication, public relations and marketing.
· Together with Member Services staff, works to listen and respond to member needs, keeps up on industry trends, directs market research and recommends the development of member initiatives, communications and service offerings.
· Oversees the cooperative’s key account program, ensuring the program builds relationships with external key community contacts and key accounts through communication, program development and service excellence. Coordinates key account work with other departments.
· Manages Member Services staff, coaching, developing, recruiting and hiring employees. Communicates job expectations, sets goals and appraises performance.
· Develops an annual budget and department work plan based on the cooperative’s strategic goals. Manages expenditures, projects and initiatives, analyzing expense variances and initiating corrective action as needed.
JOB DUTIES may include other duties as assigned.
· Ensures proper staffing coverage and resources for member inquiries and member self-service tools, ensuring resolution of member concerns and inquiries in a timely manner and with a focus on service excellence. Identifies and implements streamlined process improvements to enhance service to members.
· Oversees administration of member-facing programs, payment processing, cash drawer management, new service applications and delinquency notifications.
· Directs community outreach efforts, including sponsorships, donations and representation at events in the communities served by UEC promoting a positive image of the cooperative.
· Oversees employee communication channels, including a monthly employee newsletter, helping to build a positive internal culture and image of UEC.
· Manages coordination of a successful annual meeting and other public relations and cooperative-sponsored events, including coordination and communication of the election process.
· Participates in energy rate development and member rate communication.
· Keeps the COO and CEO informed of issues in areas of responsibility in a timely manner, recommending actions to the COO and CEO for approval.
· Maintains a safe and secure work environment, ensuring compliance with all safety requirements.
·Oversees Members Services’ staff adherence to board and operating policies. Makes recommendations of updates or revisions to policies when needed.
· Works collaboratively with colleagues and fosters a spirit of cooperation in the workplace. Ensures strong intra- and inter-department communication.
· Respectfully takes direction from the COO and CEO.
· Conducts themselves in a manner that reflects well on UEC and contributes to harmonious relations with members and the general public.
· Oversees staff interaction with bargaining unit employees, ensuring adherence to current union agreement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in business, communications, public relations or a related field.
Experience: A minimum of eight years’ experience in an electric utility is preferred, with a minimum four years in a supervisory capacity.
· Ideal candidate should have experience in marketing and/or member/customer service.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and experience working with diverse constituencies and membership demographics.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
· Articulate, diplomatic, and able to work constructively and deftly under pressure.
· Computer proficiency (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, database management, internet-based research/training, professional applications of social media).
· Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts and to calculate and explain complex energy rates.
· Valid Driver’s License required for occasional business travel.
UEC offers a competitive wage and benefits package and the salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications.