Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment and self-motivated communications professional to join our Transportation Communication team in Seattle. This individual will play an important role identifying and rapidly responding to emerging topics and issues across the company’s transportation business. The ideal candidate will have dealt with complex and fast moving situations and should possess the ability to rapidly respond to a wide range of topics, including handling issues management.
The successful candidate should possess excellent communications and media relations skills, exceptional initiative, talent for collaboration and the capacity to assess situations quickly and respond appropriately.
Core Job responsibilities:
· Monitor, assess, escalate and resolve a variety of situations occurring simultaneously with excellent judgement
· Ability to work with reporters to correct and clarify breaking news stories
· Pay unrelenting attention to details
· Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson
· Bachelor's degree
· 7+ years of public relations experience engaging directly with media
· Understanding of established and emerging social media platforms
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Exemplary written and oral communications skills
· Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
· Think and communicate clearly – the ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
· Work hard and smart
· Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done