Reporting to the CMO, the Manager, Communications & Attorney Recruiting is responsible for the development and management of strategic communications programs (both internal and external) in support of the firm’s overall marketing and business development objectives. This includes communicating the firm’s message to a variety of audiences, including law schools and potential associate candidates. In support of the firm’s recruiting program, this position works closely with the Hiring Committee throughout the hiring lifecycle to identify, screen, and hire attorneys.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with the CMO, firm leadership, attorneys, and internal departments to ensure the firm’s messaging is consistent with marketing communication and brand strategy.
· Manage all internal and external communications for the firm, attorneys, practices, and offices in support of the firm’s brand strategy and business development objectives.
· Develop relationships with attorneys and maintain a high level of interaction with them in order to promote the firm, and their practice areas.
· Manage relationships with external public relations consultants, developing strategies for PR programs including media relations, expert positioning and other public relations activities
· Draft and/or review press releases, assist with bylined articles, and develop and draft items for internal newsletters, the firm website and other communications channels.
· Create client-facing materials including pitches, newsletters, announcements, brochures, capabilities statements, web descriptions, directories, award submissions, practice descriptions, attorney biographies and other marketing and communications pieces.
· Work with Sr. Business Development Coordinator to manage and maintain system for collateral material and representative experience.
· Proofread and edit marketing materials to ensure accuracy of information, consistent with firm style guidelines and brand standards
· Manage all social media content, such as blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc., and any other social media sites.
· Manage internal approval processes on all written communications.
Works closely with Hiring Partner on the management of incoming resumes from agencies, write-ins, and referrals; schedules and conducts interviews; assists with the conflicts screening process, conducts reference checks, makes offers, prepares regret letters.
Serves as the firm’s main liaison with law schools and career centers.
Plans and executes special recruiting events to promote the firm and our attorneys to potential candidates.
Works with the HR Generalist and partner(s) to develop attorney training programs.
Works with the marketing department to create and update materials to support the recruiting program.
Regularly updates the Careers page on the firm’s website.
Works with Hiring Partner to plan and coordinate Hiring Committee meetings.
Manages various members of the marketing and/or HR teams on a project basis. Conducts supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Strong interest in law firms, legal/business media, and recruiting. Demonstrated capabilities to handle tight deadlines and shifting priorities. Ability to interact diplomatically with attorneys of all levels, including senior staff members. Experience handling sensitive issues with attorneys and the media. Proactive and positive style. Ability to work independently as well as with a team. Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to work under pressure and prioritize competing needs. Ability to travel occasionally. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience:
The qualified candidate will hold an appropriate Bachelor's degree (a JD is a plus); have experience working in or with law firms, have a minimum of five years as a marketing/communications or recruiting professional with a minimum of three years direct management experience. Demonstrated superior writing skills.
About Calibrate Legal on behalf of Zuckerman Spaeder
Calibrate Legal is a retained search firm who places senior level business services positions with their law firm clients.