1) Oversight over all tactical execution of the Chicago Booth Advancement events, primarily the annual larger Enterprise events such as Economic Outlook, Management Conference, Reconnect Weekend and Campaign Events.
2) Research and determine event venues for Enterprise Events.
3) Create and maintain all CVENT registration and reporting for Enterprise Events
4) Develop and maintain event timelines for Enterprise Events.
5) Serve as primary contact for outside vendors for Enterprise Events.
6) Maintain event budgets and manage all event-related expenses for the above events with oversight from the Director.
7) Work closely with Booth partners to facilitate and implement school-wide goals through Enterprise planning and execution.
8) Assist the Director of Events in the creation of new and improved existing special events programming that corresponds with Dean's major goals, including student satisfaction with alumni network, corporate relations, and increased participation in the Chicago Booth Annual Fund.
9) Keep up with current events trends and research peer organizations' special events and procedures.
1) Proven customer service orientation.
2) Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
3) Superior written and verbal communications skills.
4) Successfully implement a strategic plan including budget management and strategic vision.
5) Problem solving skills.
6) Multi-task and work independently.
7) Perform under stressful circumstances and with tight deadlines.; ability to work well with others and be a collaborative member of a team.
8) Ability to work successfully in fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines.
9) Handle public contact with large groups, senior management, alumni, etc..
10) Ability to work effectively with and develop relationships with colleagues, alumni, faculty, vendors, and others.
11) Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
12) Evening and weekend hours periodically.
1) Minimum three years of experience in catering and/or event planning or alumni relations.
NOTE: When applying, all. documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05527
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.