The Clinical Coordinator RN assists in planning, organizing and supervising personnel engaged in providing emergency care to ill or injured patients. The Clinical Coordinator RN ensures nursing care is efficient, rapid and comprehensive during each shift.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (Essential Functions):
1. Establishes work priorities and daily nursing care assignments in response to patient load.
2. Supervises subordinates to ensure nursing care is administered in accordance with established standards.
3. Ensures adequate coverage for all positions within the department.
4. Contacts private Physicians when needed.
5. Contributes input for the department and implementation of department policies and procedures. Interprets and instructs subordinate personnel on policies and procedures and assures proper compliance.
6. Schedules assignment, assists with orientation, training, evaluations, and counseling of all subordinate personnel.
7. Ensures that all patient personal belongings and valuables are tagged and taken to the appropriate area.
8. Maintains adequate levels of approved supplies and equipment, i.e. stock medications, pharmacy supplies and oxygen tanks to perform immediate emergency care; ensures count for narcotics are accurate.
9. Establishes and maintains a cooperative working relationship with various departments to secure accommodations and request needed services.
10. Ensures proper use, repair, and replacement of departmental equipment and supplies; makes necessary arrangements for repairs and/or maintenance of department equipment and facilities in the absence of the Supplies Coordinator.
11. Prepares and submits incident reports on unusual occurrences or incidents.
12. Promotes good public relations through positive interactions with patients, family, visitors, Physicians, police, press, ambulance personnel and other Hospital personnel.
13. Serves on committees, attend meetings and educational seminars to enhance and maintain awareness in Nursing techniques and procedures.
14. Assumes the duties of the Clinical Manager in his/her absence.
15. Assumes that all treatments and procedures are carried out as ordered.
16. Coordinate Nursing personnel with patients in order to maximize the skills of the Nurse with the needs of the patients.
17. Is aware of all patients signing in to be treated and assures that needed care is being performed expeditiously; Is aware of condition of all unstable patients and assures that their condition is being monitored properly; and Is aware of patient flow in the Emergency Department and takes necessary action to resolve problems if they develop.
18. Holds team conference/in-service as the need arises.
19. Monitors all activities of staff.
20. Assures that all operational policies/procedures of the Emergency Department are adhered to.
21. Assists and performs functions of a Staff Nurse care as time permits.
The ideal candidate is caring and compassionate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Location/Facility - BSW Liver Consultants of Texas - Fort Worth
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
1 year experience
Registered Nurse (RN)
Specialty experience is preferred
Ideal candidate is someone who pro-actively seeks solutions for the clinic
Candidate must have great people skills - working with physicians and clinical staff
Must be comfortable with traveling (10%) for occasional training sessions
Internal Number: 19005119
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!