The Sales Manager-Ticket Office is primarily responsible for selling various ticket packages and assisting in the overall sales management of the Department of Athletics. The Sales Manager-Ticket Office will also be involved in other selling and marketing activities related to season tickets, partial plans, and group tickets. The person in this position will also be responsible for assisting the Assistant Athletic Director of Ticket Operations and Data Analytics in developing and implementing a ticket sales strategy designed to meet or exceed the annual sales goals.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
· Solicit the sales of season tickets, partial plans, and groups for BGSU Athletics. Primary focus on football, men's and women's basketball, hockey and volleyball.
· Work closely with university athletic department marketing staff on ticket sales promotions as it relates to driving ticket sales revenue including the development of sales and support materials for season tickets, partial plans, and group ticket opportunities
· Within External Relations implements strategy for maximizing ticket sales for athletic events. Coordinates with marketing, ticketing, development and alumni offices. Plans and coordinates programs and events for public relations.
· Develop and maintain a personal client base of ticket sales prospects and customers of their own and work with members of senior management team to manage relationships with outside vendors and corporate partners related to the sale of group tickets and corporate ticket sales packages
· Use BGSU ticket office e-mail and BGSU Ticket Office Social media account(s) to solicit the sales of season, partial plan, and group tickets.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Superior communication skills, collaborative with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Must be enthusiastic, creative and able to think both strategically and tactically.
Ability to work in a dynamic, high paced environment.
Strong customer service skills
Experience working with Paciolan or Ticketmaster/Archtics ticketing systems preferred
Experience working with CRM systems such as ACT, Goldmine, Salesforce.com, Microsoft CRM, preferred
Willingness and ability to work long hours, including holidays and weekends as required.
Salary Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 352. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: April 24, 2019
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Bachelor's degree in Sport Administration, business or related field. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
Also the following experience is required:
1-2 years of ticket sales experience
About Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green State University is a tier-one, public university serving 19,000 students on two campuses in northwest Ohio. The University has nationally recognized programs and research in the natural and social sciences, education, arts, business, health and wellness, humanities and applied technologies. BGSU seeks talented individuals to join our community in Bowling Green, Ohio, recognized as one of the “Best College Towns of America.”Bowling Green State University provides experiences that enhance lives. Students are prepared for lifelong career growth, lives of engaged citizenship and leadership in a global society. U.S. News and World Report names BGSU as one of the top public universities nationwide with a strong commitment to first-year programs that lead to success. Within our transformative learning community, we build a welcoming, safe and diverse environment where the creative ideas and achievements of all can benefit others throughout Ohio, the nation and the world.