Assist in planning, organizing, and administrating all aspects of a competitive Division I men’s hockey program within the guidelines of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC), and St. Cloud State University.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Coaching: practice planning including day-to-day organization, communication, and instruction; game preparation including game day execution, scouting, video analysis, and organization of team travel Recruiting: talent identification and evaluation, correspondence, assistance with admission process and NCAA initial eligibility Student-athlete development: mentoring to include individual and team dynamics, team rules and conduct, leadership development, commitment to safety and well-being of student-athletes Academic monitoring of student-athletes in collaboration with office of compliance and academic services; commitment to degree progress and graduation Compliance: demonstrating integrity in operations and adhering to all NCAA, conference, and University policies and procedures Public relations: occasional media and speaking engagements, contact with alumni and supporters, effective professional working relationships with student-athletes, staff, administration, alumni, and general public, engagement with youth through camps/clinics and community service Fundraising: develop community support for program, engage in Department of Athletics events, assist with fundraising activities including special events and camps/clinics
· Bachelor’s degree
· Progressive coaching and/or playing experience
· Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and effective communication orally and in writing
· Evidence of a valid driver’s license, or ability to acquire a legal driver’s license or qualify for a reasonable accommodation
· Commitment to academic success of student-athletes
· Evidence of ability to teach and work with persons from diverse backgrounds
· Master’s degree
· Strong organizational skills
· Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations
· Demonstrated experience coaching with at least 2 years of progressive experience
· Experience with, contacts for, and knowledge of collegiate recruiting
· Familiarity with recruiting and scouting software
· Familiarity with strength and conditioning philosophy and applied techniques
Appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
About St. Cloud State University Athletics
St. Cloud State prepares students for life, work and citizenship in the 21st century. In our rigorous academic programs, students apply their knowledge in real-world settings.Our 200 academic programs, 60 graduate degrees and education abroad choices on six continents emphasize hands-on learning through community engagement and close interaction with professors. Couple that with support from the Career Services Center and you have a clear path to a career.Our 100-acre campus is between downtown St. Cloud and the Beaver Islands, a group of more than 30 islands that form a natural maze for a two-mile stretch of the Mississippi River. The St. Cloud metropolitan area is 24th on Forbes magazine's “Best Small Places for Businesses and Careers." St. Cloud State is ranked in Forbes magazine's "America's Top Colleges" and Money magazine's "Money's Best Colleges."