Traffic Safety Program Specialist coordinates traffic safety educational activities and develop traffic safety programs for the purpose of informing the public of traffic safety issues, preventing injury and promoting safety and wellness in the community. The Traffic Safety Program Specialist works with representatives of groups, departments, and organizations within the program service area in order to facilitate the execution injury prevention program goals and objectives.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Provides education programs to the general public to inform them of traffic safety issues, preventing injuries and promoting safety and wellness. Plans, develops and conducts traffic safety educational programs to the public upon requests and in a clear, professional and timely manner.
2. Networks and collaborates on a regular basis with public and private educators, public officials, community agencies, civic groups, and other appropriate organizations to provide traffic safety awareness and injury prevention.
3. Utilizes program methodologies that encompass both traditional classroom and non-traditional informatics based educational processes. Evaluates and revises community educational programs to ensure that they are effectively meeting the public, patients and medical staff's needs in a timely manner.
4. Develops and provides information to the public to inform them of the traffic safety issues, preventing injuries and promote safety and wellness. Works collaboratively and professionally with external educators to develop and provide educational and information materials. Works collaboratively with Public Affairs in coordinating press releases, PSA, and other public related activities. Works with Traffic Safety Program Supervisor to develop and implement professional education materials and curriculums.
5. Schedules and attends health and safety fairs and displays exhibits at professional conferences on a regular basis.
6. Actively participates in community groups, committees, task forces, and other local organization to promote traffic safety programs and provide information. Establishes working relationships with area businesses and industries to develop and implement programs as required.
7. Maintains documentation of all public and professional traffic safety education efforts and financial expenditures. Documents public and professional education efforts in compliance with department, BSWH, and grant requirements in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
8. Establishes working relationships with area businesses, groups, and organizations to develop and implement programs on a regular basis
9. Markets traffic safety community education programs internally and externally to ensure the public, patients, and medical staff are aware of program resources. Assists with traffic safety community education and marketing campaigns on a regular basis. Assists in community outreach programs on a regular basis
10. Assesses the need and effectiveness of all traffic safety programs to ensure effective programs. Performs annual needs assessment throughout the traffic safety program service area and across age, ethnic and economic groups. Ensure that all traffic safety programs meet their objectives of increased injury prevention traffic safety education and awareness, as outlined in grant agreement objective and performance standards.
11. Perform traffic safety program evaluation using a variety of tools, such as education pre/port testing, observation surveys, satisfaction survey, and other tools developed.
12. Works independently with limited direct supervision to achieve the goals and objectives of the Community Education Program. Uses independent decision-making in the scheduling and conducting of traffic safety program objectives and in the managing of weekly schedules/travel.
13. Frequent travel to other facilities and locations to perform traffic safety program objectives.
The ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups of people; must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; excellent interpersonal and independent decision-making skills; ability to handle difficult people and situations with limited direct supervision; must possess strong critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution skills; ability to work independently with limited supervision, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines; and has the ability to manage weekly schedules and required travel within scheduling.
Location/Facility - Baylor Scott and White Medical Center at Hillcrest
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
2 years Experience
Valid TX Driver's License -
If working with KidSafe Program: Child Passenger Safety Technician Certification within 3 months of hire; Child Passenger Safety Technician-Instructor Certification within 18 months of hire.
If working with Mature Driver Program: CarFit Technician Certification within 3 months of hire; CarFit Technician Event Coordinator Certification within 6 months of hire; AARP Smart Driver Instructor Certification within 12 months of hire
Internal Number: 19005071
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!