The Event and Meeting Services Coordinator, Plaster Student Union performs complex clerical work, complying with specific instructions. The Event and Meeting Services Coordinator, Plaster Student Union receives and processes facility and facility equipment requests, discusses event requirements with clients, uses specialized software to reserve space and equipment, and communicates event detail information to various PSU and campus departments.
Description of Primary Duties:
1.Provides customer service by receiving requests for use of the facilities, obtaining additional information from clients as needed, assisting clients to find alternative space, dates, or types of facilities when the client's initial request is not available, coordinating with other university departments and contractors, especially catering and PSU operations staff, to provide information and services to clients, and processing requests using specialized software to enter events and event details and to provide reports as needed.
2.Provides event planning information to clients by explaining PSU and University policies and procedures clearly and offering information about additional resources available for event planners.
3. Updates the reservation software regularly with current parameter information such as building hours, holidays, capacity changes, new facilities, new client date, etc.
4. Provides guidance and oversight to general office front desk operations and student office workers and provides guidance to house and AV/Tech Crews and Custodial Crews regarding client set-up and equipment needs.
5. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
6. Contributes to the overall successful operations of the Student Union by completing special projects and performing all duties as assigned by the Assistant Director, Plaster Student Union-Event and Meeting Services.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required.
Experience: Three years of general office experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Skills: Computer proficiency and an understanding of public relations and customer service practices and principles are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This job primarily works Monday through Friday. Some nights and weekends may be required.
Do you value every voice and every opinion?
Are you inspired to create a better future for yourself and others?
Are you ready to make a difference?
If so, Missouri State has a place for you
Missouri State University is a public, comprehensive university system with a mission in public affairs. Our purpose is to develop fully educated persons with a focus on ethical leadership, cultural competence and community engagement.
• Enrollment of 26,000 students who come from around the state and the world.
• Four-campus system: Springfield, Mo., West Plains and Mountain Grove, Mo., and Dalian,
• Students’ average ACT score above national average
• Strong commitment to both teaching and research
• More than 190 undergraduate options; 90 graduate options
• Located in Springfield, third-largest city in state; known for beautiful outdoors, friendly people, superior health care, excellent public schools, and a variety of entertainment and cultural opportunities.
Missouri State is committed to benefiting our surrounding communities. We want to create the next generation of citizen leaders through an unrivaled educational experience that emphasizes a com...mitment to public affairs.
With a campus community filled with diverse perspectives, voices and opinions, Missouri State is fulfilling its commitment to address the needs of a changing society. We are a community of forward-thinking teachers, learners and leaders.
We cultivate students of character who enter the workforce as well-rounded professionals and honest, confident individuals. We believe in innovation, bringing fresh, relevant ideas to our area.
We are dedicated to enriching our city and region, whether through cultural offerings, research and scholarly endeavors, internship programs or the development of facilities that serve a broader community beyond our campus borders.
When you work at Missouri State, you tap into a network of leaders with an appreciation for big-picture thinking and a continual desire to address the professional, personal and societal needs of our changing region. There's no limit to the statement we can make together.