The AACPS International Baccalaureate and Triple E initiatives embrace an engaging and meaningful instructional platform. Through Project-Based Learning (PBL), the teachers provide transdisciplinary lessons that are authentic. Teachers become facilitators of learning as student choice is recognized in teaching and learning that actively explores real-world problems and challenges. Instructional practices are rigorous, relevant, and motivating.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides German language and culture instruction through a PBL model
2. Includes transdisciplinary connections in instructional design
3. Utilizes integrated technology/web-based resources to excite and extend learning
4. Attends and actively participates in system-based professional development to stay current with trends, research and methodology in instructional techniques, technology, multicultural content, problem solving, transdisciplinary learning/interdisciplinary connections, and student-led educational platforms.
5. Collects and analyzes data to inform program evaluation
6. Maintains good public relations with grade level colleagues/community partners
7. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
· Three (3) years of successful classroom teaching experience or experience in a related field
Bilingual/proficient in German with K-12/elementary and German certification preferred
Knowledge of school organization, goals and objectives with special emphasis on teacher techniques.
Demonstrated leadership qualities as a member of a school staff/office.
Ability to employ a variety of teaching styles to respond to the needs of diverse learners.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with professional colleagues, staff, students and parents.
Knowledgeable about specific content area.Technology Savvy; including understanding the functionality of google-based products
Ability to employ business technology tools (e.g. E-mail, AACPS Intranet, electronic benefits enrollment tools, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.
· Teacher certification in identified language field/general education as established by the Maryland State Department of Education or certification in a related educational field
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.