The Associate Dean provides assistance to the College Dean in the administration of the college which may include, but is not limited to, department head and faculty recruitment and development, department head and faculty evaluation, program development, program review, student advisement, college budgeting and budget control, and indirect supervision of the teaching, research, and service activities of the college.
Description of Primary Duties:
1. Support the Academic Dean in leading efforts to meet national and state accreditation standards. 2. Provide oversight of Continuous Improvement efforts in the COE and EPPU. 3. Documented success in the following areas: leading accreditation efforts, developing high quality assessments, understanding database development and management, knowledge of data analyses and reporting. 4. Documented experience supervising staff and working collaboratively with teams, committees, councils and administrators, across the university in order to promote COE/EPP accreditation efforts. 5. Excellent communication and organization skills, self-motivated, and proactive.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
The minimum acceptable qualifications for the position of Associate Dean are prescribed by the College Dean in concert with guidance from the Vice President for Academic Affairs. A record of inclusive conduct and evidence of multicultural skills in the workplace are required.
1. PhD in an education-related discipline. 2. Demonstrated leadership in a higher education not limited to any specific administrative roles. 3. A record of inclusive conduct, evidence of multicultural skills in the workplace, and knowledge, skills, experiences, and activities related to the Missouri State Public Affairs Mission that include Ethical Leadership, Cultural Competence and Community Engagement. 4. Demonstrated experience in supporting diverse populations and in improving the college experience for all students. 5. Demonstrated abilities in communication, leadership, management, teamwork and conflict resolution. 6. Demonstrated abilities in critical thinking, organizational skills, analytical skills, and strategic academic planning. 7. Demonstrated commitment to consultative and collaborative processes. 8. Demonstrated leadership skills leading to the successful completion of a national accreditation cycle, including knowledge of the regulatory agency’s procedures and standards. 9. Self-motivated and proactive. 10. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with public school systems, state departments and other regulatory agencies.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The posting will remain open until filled. The First Date of Consideration is October 1, 2018.
For additional information contact: Dr. Emmett Sawyer, Chair of Search Committee Missouri State University
Do you value every voice and every opinion?
Are you inspired to create a better future for yourself and others?
Are you ready to make a difference?
If so, Missouri State has a place for you
Missouri State University is a public, comprehensive university system with a mission in public affairs. Our purpose is to develop fully educated persons with a focus on ethical leadership, cultural competence and community engagement.
• Enrollment of 26,000 students who come from around the state and the world.
• Four-campus system: Springfield, Mo., West Plains and Mountain Grove, Mo., and Dalian,
• Students’ average ACT score above national average
• Strong commitment to both teaching and research
• More than 190 undergraduate options; 90 graduate options
• Located in Springfield, third-largest city in state; known for beautiful outdoors, friendly people, superior health care, excellent public schools, and a variety of entertainment and cultural opportunities.
Missouri State is committed to benefiting our surrounding communities. We want to create the next generation of citizen leaders through an unrivaled educational experience that emphasizes a com...mitment to public affairs.
With a campus community filled with diverse perspectives, voices and opinions, Missouri State is fulfilling its commitment to address the needs of a changing society. We are a community of forward-thinking teachers, learners and leaders.
We cultivate students of character who enter the workforce as well-rounded professionals and honest, confident individuals. We believe in innovation, bringing fresh, relevant ideas to our area.
We are dedicated to enriching our city and region, whether through cultural offerings, research and scholarly endeavors, internship programs or the development of facilities that serve a broader community beyond our campus borders.
When you work at Missouri State, you tap into a network of leaders with an appreciation for big-picture thinking and a continual desire to address the professional, personal and societal needs of our changing region. There's no limit to the statement we can make together.