The Administrative Coordinator of Government and Community Relations provides support in managing relations with federal, state and local governments, as well as community relations. Responsible for maintaining the administrative, budget and financial operations of the office; assisting with development and implementation of matters related to federal, state and city public policy issues, working with the Assistant Director of Community Relations on responding to community and neighborhood issues; providing assistance in coordinating events and responding to requests from public officials and/or the local community and serve as a liaison to other departments at Brown as needed.
- Required: Bachelorâ??s degree or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- Demonstrated interest in working on federal/state/local government relations matters.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable, discreet, and well organized.
- Ability to organize department activities.
- Good judgment and strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Apple Computers preferred.
- Interest in Providence and state politics preferred.
- Willingness to take on diverse tasks.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks quickly with attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential matters.
- Pro-active in seeking out tasks and responsibilities.
Candidates are asked to upload a current resume when applying for this position.
Background check - All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-17-07:00
Job Posting Title:Administrative Coordinator
Department:Government and Community Relations
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.