- Serve as primary athletic public relations contact for men’s basketball and additionally assigned sport(s) by contributing to the development of marketing and promotions plans, communicating with media, providing website updates, writing articles, producing recruiting materials, recording and updating statistics.
- Manages the compilation of all video footage for men’s basketball and additionally assigned sport(s) for recruiting, and marketing videos, game highlights, interviews and press conferences. This may require shooting and editing the footage and/or assigning the necessary personnel (i.e. student assistants, graduate assistants, and/or independent contractors) to shoot and edit the footage.
- Ensures the completion of and provides creative direction of other video projects for men’s basketball and all other sports. This may also require shooting and editing the footage and/or assigning and supervising personnel (i.e. student assistants, graduate assistants, and/or independent contractors) to shoot and edit the footage. These video projects may include student-athlete video features, recruiting and marketing videos, game highlights, and other video projects as they arise. Also works with the Assistant Director of Athletics/Communications and Video Specialist in directing SpiderTV (live streaming) and completing year-end sport videos for men’s basketball and other sports as well as the all-encompassing all-sport video.
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned sports game management to include live video streaming, game notes, managing media requests, assigning personnel for in-game statistics, and managing operations (i.e. photographers, social media, etc.). Assists in producing game day programs for men’s basketball.
- Provides media coverage of community relations events conducted or attended by our athletic teams and other related projects as assigned.
- Assists with production and content of video boards by producing video spots, graphics along with other marketing-related duties as requested.
- Should possess athletic public relations/communications experience, including media, publications, design, and game management skills.
- Excellent communications skills; Experience with web sites; knowledge of video editing software programs, and video equipment, including cameras, videotape and related accessories such as tripods, lighting equipment and cables. Individual should have working knowledge of Windows operating system, Mac operating system, Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Word, PageMaker, QuarkXPress; InDesign; Adobe Photoshop; website publication tool (i.e. Titan or Netitor) and StatCrew.
- Adherence to all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree helpful.
- 2-4 years in college or professional athletic communications/public relations or video.