Central Washington University
To apply for a job at Central Washington University, please go to careers.cwu.edu. Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID 1393
Full/Part Time Full-Time
The digital information design specialist reports to the Public Affairs project manager. The position creates original artwork, illustrative graphics, and creative materials for print and digital publishing. The position conceptualizes and creates attractive and functional design for the university website, recruitment communications, print and digital advertising, and other end-user experiences. The position works with faculty, staff, administrators, and students across campus while assisting the project manager in ensuring the proper application of the CWU brand and design standards.
- Design and produce graphic projects such as brochures, manuals, invitations, programs, advertisements, displays, forms, letterhead, envelopes, charts, signs, swag, and other materials using graphic design/page layout, illustration and photo manipulation software considering intended use, audience, cost estimates, and distribution.
- Prepare finalized artwork for production and shipment to printer.
- Create graphics for digital platforms, such as websites, mobile apps, email, social media, e-readers, e-communications, etc.
- Conceptualize, design, and communicate user centered design solutions.
- Design a wide range of web-based and print materials.
- Consult with customers regarding design needs.
- Assist project manager in ensuring work is completed on time and on budget.
- Properly package and archive jobs using project management system.
- Work with Public Affairs staff, clients, printers, vendors and other key partners to keep projects on track.
- Consult industry best practices, and with Public Affairs staff and university departments on how to design and develop engaging user experiences in online advertising, social media, email campaigns, digital displays and website.
- Research and keep up on new interaction design and technology trends.
- Collaborate on user experience campaign creation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field, and professional experience in graphic design, including digital formats.
- Strong user-centered graphic design skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat, and the Mac environment.
- Experience designing for print publications and working with printers and other industry vendors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as proofreading
- Ability to prioritize workflow to meet deadlines
- Strong Organization and time management skills demonstrated through activities such as quick follow through, archiving files, and tracking tasks to completion.
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Working knowledge of web analytics.
- Experience developing digital advertising
- Knowledge of major languages such as HTML, XHTML, and CSS, as well as experience designing inside a content management systems (CMS) such as Drupal.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch)
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training;
- Digital portfolio that shows off your work; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: May 21, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Barb Arnott
Title: Project Manager, CWU Public Affairs
Phone: (509) 963-2841
Website: Public Affairs
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.