Identify and drive state tax planning opportunities, state credits and incentives, and state tax legislative opportunities, maintaining transfer pricing policies, supporting state examination efforts and assisting with state return compliance (e.g. preparation, review, process improvement, etc.).
Planning and Legislative/Judicial monitoring
- Continuously identify and execute opportunities to reduce cash taxes and the US effective tax rate.
- Identify tax risks and support other tax and functional personnel in managing those risks.
- Align course of action and maintain collaborative relationships with the Shared Service Centers, the Corporate Office, as well as the Tax Accounting, Tax Consulting, and Tax Defense teams.
- Monitor, review and prepare periodic updates on state legislative proposals and enacted positions and litigation.
- Prepare state tax impact analyses to Government Relations regarding state tax legislative initiatives and work collaboratively with Government Relations to optimize impacts to K-C.
- Establish internal (i.e. Government Relations, KC Business staff, etc.) and external (e.g. COST, TEI, WMC, etc.) network to help facilitate the strategic direction of the State reporting team.
- Responsible for the management and execution of the state tax transfer pricing policies and practices.
- Support management of outside advisers, including the selection of service providers for tax advice on planning projects.
Compliance and Audit Defense
- Prepare and review state and local income and franchise tax returns, including work papers, to ensure accurate reporting and disclosure, and revenue authority audit ready work papers. Ensure the Risk Assessment Matrix appropriately reflects the correct risk profile for each state tax adjustment, jurisdiction, and entity based on current tax law and business activity.
- Identify enhancements to the income tax filing process.
- Provide responses to state taxing authorities’ inquiries and other audit assistance as required.
- Support state audits, appeals, and litigation.
- Prepare the reconciliation of the tax provision as recorded to the returns prepared for filing and explain all differences as required by tax policy (book to return).
- Prepare the US tax forecasts (cash and ETR) needed to reflect the best available information for key state income tax drivers.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work.? If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based.? In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization.?