The team is part of the Marketing & Communications department, which is responsible for all aspects of communication with a diverse international set of clients and prospects.
You will proactively promote the business at the corporate and investment team level in the media, across the institutional and wholesale channels across Europe.
Key responsibilities will range across PR as well as supporting the senior members of the department.
- React to journalist enquiries and requests and arrange for comment
- Sell in news hooks, spokespeople and stories to the media on a regular basis
- Check nationals and trade publications for current news stories as they appear. Share stories of interest with relevant individuals and suggest potential story ideas on the back of these
- Support the rest of the Comms team with the day to day management of the PR agencies to ensure value add
- Promote the profile of products and fund managers, working closely and collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing teams through the prioritisation and promotion of key investment teams
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the media including the publications and journalists across wholesale, institutional, national, broadcast and international titles
- Set up meetings with journalists and spokespeople. Co-ordinate diaries and confirm with journalist on day of meeting
- React to journalist enquires and requests, particularly when other members of the team are in meetings or tied up with other business issues
- Press event organisation and support including roundtables, press party and hospitality
- Content generation, working with the fund managers, PR agencies and investment writing team in order to distribute relevant and timely investment notes and commentary to the media
- Drafting press releases and ensuring content is sent out without error
- Maintain regular contact with journalists and ensure awareness of stories they are writing each week
- Take time to consider potential story opportunities
- Sell potential story ideas, placed articles and meetings to journalists on a regular basis
- Review, distribute and save the daily press cuttings
- Support the team with administrative duties including monthly and quarterly reports
- Keep planning documents up-to-date to enable the corporate communications team to plan the year ahead and keep the business updated on activity
- Ensure the processes and procedure manual is maintained and up to date
- Manage copyright of articles for the wider business
- Ensure the external website is up-to-date
- Responsible for posting of all press releases, papers and blogs
- Ensure all compliance records are maintained and up to date
- Arrange media training for new spokespeople
- Prepare briefing notes ahead of each meeting and distribute to the relevant
- Maintain up-to-date media lists to ensure target audience is reached
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast moving 'start up' environment, which comprises multiple demands and challenges but offers the opportunity to deliver considerable value to the business. An enthusiastic and positive attitude is critical to add energy and ideas to a relatively new but extremely talented team. The ability to operate accurately at pace is essential.
The successful candidate will be highly intelligent, resilient and tenacious with a strong drive and determination to deliver high quality support to the team and a demanding and diverse
You will work closely with other parts of the Marketing & Communications team and the broader business to ensure a fully integrated approach is delivered to the business.
- Financial services experience, preferably in asset management
- A good understanding of or desire to learn about financial markets
- A growing understanding of the media or good media contacts at national/trade/wire/broadcast
- Proof of ability to multi-task and cover a wide range of topics in an extremely fast moving environment
- Fluency in Italian AND/OR German to a native level, both written and spoken, is essential
- Enthusiastic, resilient, team player with strong influencing and diplomacy skills
- Self-starter, with good initiative and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Curiosity, creativity and willingness to learn
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally
Thank you for applying to Euro London Appointments, the UK's largest independent language consultancy. We aim to respond as promptly as possible to your application, however, due to the high level of CVs we receive we are only able to respond to applicants whose profile matches our Client's requirements. To enquire about other vacancies please visit our website at www.eurolondon.com.
Please note that in order to process your CV we must receive it in a Word document.