Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in business administration, public administration, contract management, construction management, or closely related field and five years of experience in public construction, architecture-engineer (A&E) contracting or contracting services that includes the full range of contract administration, preferably in a government related environment; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum two years supervisory experience or equivalent experience in a lead capacity.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Must have or obtain within 12-months of hire a Certified Public Purchasing Buyer or Officer, certification from the National Contract Management Association, or equivalent professional certification.
Required Knowledge of:
• Industry principles and practices in Architecture & Engineering (A&E) and Construction contracting.
• Principles and practices of contract administration in the public sector including application and administration of direct and indirect costs, invoice review, change management, and close-out.
• Contracting laws, regulations, and best practices.
• Contract cost and price analysis principles and practices.
• Contract administration principles including those related to management of scope, schedule, and payments.
• State and federal contracting requirements including Federal Transit Administration or Federal Highway • Administration requirements, and Federal Acquisition Regulation.
• Principles and practices used on complex contractual actions.
• Mediation and negotiation principles and practices.
• Project management techniques and principles.
• Supervisory practices, principles, methods and techniques.
Required Skill in:
• Utilizing personal computer software programs affecting assigned work and in compiling and preparing spreadsheets and reports.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public.
• Interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
• Performing a full range of duties involved in participating in the services and activities within the • Procurement and Contracts Division.
• Preparing complex contracts, agreements, and management reports.
• Negotiating and identifying solutions that balance the Agency's interests and those of the negotiating partner(s), within financial capacity and other constraints.
• Interpreting and applying federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations.
• Contract management and oversight.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills demonstrated by formal presentation experience and report preparation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Majority of work is performed in a standard office environment or construction field office with the ability to perform off site visits.
• Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
Apply online: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/soundtransit/default.cfm
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value workplace diversity. We seek to create an environment and culture that embraces the differences of our employees. You will find an exceptionally diverse group of people at Sound Transit with regard to culture, beliefs, communication styles, and life and work experiences.
All qualified applicants are considered in accordance with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status or any another legally protected status.