In this role you will be providing quality leadership in the areas of software and network communication on key programs. The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, partnering with multi-discipline teams to establish and drive software and network communication quality goals and objectives throughout the product life-cycle. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are a must to build effective working relationships across product management, program management and engineering stakeholders. You will provide ongoing visibility of progress to established goals through the collection and analysis of project data. You will act as subject matter expert in networking and software, coaching and mentoring teams on QA methodologies, tools, standards and processes in order to bring efficiency, consistency and maintainability to development projects. This position requires a strong quality background and hands on experiences in both software development and network communication protocols.
Quality Management across multiple product teams which includes establishing and executing of a quality plan and objectives.
Participate in highly collaborative product development teams.
Define, collect, analyze and report on project and process metrics and assess compliance to established plans and processes.
Provide an independent assessment to the Quality Management Team of any risks that may impact the customer experience when using Rockwell Automation Products.
Work with the development and application groups in creating standard processes and methods to develop software and increase communication robustness to a higher level
Leverage professional concepts and company objectives to identify continuous improvement opportunities and resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Work with local managers to coordinate Quality activities, such as Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma Projects and Product Audits.
Work with cross functional teams to develop network test strategy, test plans and test cases
Configure network lab environment, troubleshoot network behaviors, implement test automation, and facilitate end-to-end network testing and quality management
Drive to resolution customer reported network communication problems.
Work with Rockwell Automation development groups on new product developments containing internal communication networks to ensure robustness of communications.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical degree.
- At least 3 years' experience in Software Quality Management/Quality Assurance.
- At least 5 years' working in a Software Development Environment
- At least 3 years' experience Network experience working with IP networking and routing protocols
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma, CMMI and/or ISO
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products a plus
- Quality Engineer certification a plus
- Network testing experience with a strong understanding of IP networking and routing protocol
- Familiar with TCP/IP and IEC 61850 protocols
- Understands standard with, IEEE 1588, timing, etc., as well as e/ip technology as well (cip-motion, cip-sync).
- Familiar with lab and field networking analysis techniques and the ability to utilize network analyzer tools like Wireshark or similar.
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.