About Fidelity International
All of our people must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Innovation - Being willing to experiment and try new and better ways to serve our clients.
Integrity - Taking personal responsibility for always acting in the best interests of our clients.
Excellence - Striving to be the best while knowing we can always be better next time.
All of our people must be able to operate in accordance with our behaviours:
Commitment - We are committed to our clients and proud to work for Fidelity. We push through obstacles to make things happen; we make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. We are individually committed to building a culture of excellence.
Collaboration - We collaborate with colleagues, seek alternative views, invite different ideas and always challenge traditional thinking. This approach allows us to create a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts.
Client Focus - We are expected to, and measured on, our ability to put our client first. We go the extra mile to understand their needs and strive to exceed their expectations. We listen carefully, we communicate clearly, and we're quick to respond. We're respectful of the trust placed in us to manage their money.
The Singapore team comprises a Sales group and a Marketing group. The Sales group is responsible for new sales and asset retention of Fidelity's entire Singapore client base, e.g. institutions, banks, insurance companies etc. Within the Sales team there are Relationship managers dedicated to each single business channel (e.g. Retail Distribution, Wholesale and Institutional) and a small sales support team supports the Sales team cross channel. The Marketing and Corporate Communication team is responsible for Fidelity's brand and all commercial/corporate activities.
In addition to serving clients in Singapore, the team is responsible for business development in South East Asia.
Purpose of your role
The Assistant Sales Manager will assist Sales Managers who are responsible for the Retail segment of the Singapore and South East Asia wholesale business. The job as an assistant sales manager means working with Sales Managers in building relationships with, selling to and developing our business with both new and existing clients. Selling to clients includes a broad variety of activities ranging from identifying opportunities to delivery of in-depth fund and investment presentations to various divisions of our clients. The role also includes meeting day-to-day servicing and reporting needs of these clients. The client segment coverage includes (although not exhaustive) retail banks, insurance companies, IFAs, platforms and asset managers and the coverage within each client typically includes product teams, due diligence teams, ICs and RMs.
- To assist the Sales Managers in developing business, building relationships and raising AUM with Retail retail clients in Singapore and South East Asia.
- The client segment coverage includes (although not exhaustive) retail banks, insurance companies, IFAs, platforms and asset managers and the coverage within each client typically includes product teams, due diligence teams, ICs and RMs.
- To fulfil day-to-day (regular and adhoc) servicing and reporting needs of our clients.
- To prepare sales materials for our funds including presentations, placemats, brochures and write-ups.
- To deliver presentations (covering market outlook, funds and educational topics) to our clients including end investors.
- To work together with the marketing team to prepare and execute joint sales and marketing campaigns with our clients.
- To use Salesforce to aid sales and client relationship management.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Positive, passionate and proactive approach, welcoming with enthusiasm new initiatives and opportunities aimed to grow the business
- Natural attitude to overcome obstacles, by generating actionable proposals rather than simply raising issues
- Ability to think outside the box
- Team player
- Graduate calibre and good financial knowledge
- Experience in sales of financial products
- Well organized and attentive to details
- Outstanding internal and external communication
- Good negotiation skills
- Results orientation, able to work independently
- Able to organise work of self and others, being able to raise overall motivation
- Knowledge of specific Bloomberg, Morningstar and other specific tools
- Excellent PC knowledge (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent English and Mandarin communication skills
- High standard of ethics, honesty and integrity
- Embrace One Fidelity approach