The primary purpose of this role is to identify and engage Corporate and Foundation leaders, create compelling proposals for support, progress reports and final reports for submission to existing and potential corporate and foundation grant funders. In addition, the individual in this front-line role will cultivate and deepen relationships with current and prospective IMSA funders about STEM programs and developing strategic partnerships to support programs, the STEM Business Network, and the innovative, entrepreneurial and educational curriculum designed to develop the next generation of employees.
This position will support IMSA's Diversity Stance by ensuring the delivery of quality, equitable, and inclusive constituent-centered support while promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that embraces the diversity of people and perspectives collaborating at IMSA to ignite and nurture creative, ethical, scientific minds that advance the human condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Director of Development, the Vice-President of External Engagement, Chief Innovation Officer, and other internal team leaders to identify Corporate Partners interested in supporting program initiatives in STEM education, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Support Fund Board Member leadership and their outreach. Work with the Marketing/Communications team to create and execute a communications plan for donors and prospects to reinforce the rationale for the seeking campaign and programmatic support to convey a sense of momentum and success.
- Develop grant request proposals in collaboration with internal program leaders to strategic donors, government agencies and foundations in close coordination with the Development Office.
- Coordinate timelines, manage deadlines, and track proposal elements to ensure high-quality, timely proposal submissions.
- Create key messaging, concept notes, and supporting information to compel donor giving and engagement.
- Assemble and synthesize information from the various internal divisions and external sources into clear and concise proposal language.
- Write, review, and edit proposal content, ensuring all narrative, numeric and graphic information is accurate and consistent.
- Work with the Development team and with Administration/Finance team to review and harmonize proposal budgets with narrative.
- Respond to proposal questions and make necessary proposal revisions based on donor feedback, in coordination with Development team leads.
- Assist in managing grant deliverables for strategic donors.
- Compile, edit and write narrative progress reports. Develop compelling, concise narrative to convey donor impact and engage donors. Copy edit and prepare reports for external distribution.
- Collect program data and updates for donor reporting.
- Assemble stories from the field in partnership with the Marketing Communications team.
- Help coordinate reporting requirements across departments.
- Respond to queries from donors on reports and progress in conjunction with Development or Internal team leads.
- Help track and coordinate all reporting due to donors.
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications or Office of Internal Research (OIR) to update and draft key templates for grant agreements, fact sheets, statistics and other organizational resources.
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications to ensure all documents are consistent with IMSA’s core messaging and the organizational communications strategy.
- Assist with coordination and maintenance of an inter-departmental resource for matching development opportunities with available program funding.
- Assist with the development and management of information resources.
- Research relevant statistics, data and sector information as needed.
- Assist with cross-departmental coordination and communication.
- Contribute to the development of improved systems.
- Edit and research related materials as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.