The RISE Network is a Connecticut-based non-profit organization with a mission to empower educators to achieve breakthrough results, helping all students realize and achieve their full potential. RISE facilitates networked improvement communities by bringing together educators working in different contexts to advance shared goals. Together, we build community, democratize innovation, and improve systems in public schools and districts.
Through our current network, RISE represents a multi-year partnership between East Hartford, Meriden, New Haven, and Hartford Public Schools to support educators striving to ensure every RISE high school student graduates college and career ready. The Network serves more than 6,000 students and 500 educators in five high schools. RISE districts and schools commit to sharing resources and expertise, pursuing innovative solutions, strengthening school and district systems, and empowering educators and leaders through continuous improvement.
Position Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The RISE Operations Manager will play an integral role designing and overseeing internal operating systems to support RISE’s growth and impact over time. RISE is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to lead operations functions both directly and through managing contracted services. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, and is passionate about closing achievement gaps and developing the potential of all students regardless of life circumstance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a partnership with an accounting firm to satisfy all accounting and budgeting needs.
- Providing the Board and Director with regular budget updates and variance reports, and support the Director in developing long-term budget models and forecasts.
- Coordinate annual audits and internal financial policies and controls.
- Ensure compliance with and support grant reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with the data and program teams to evaluate the return on investment (ROI) associated with Network strategies.
- Support the Director in designing and implementing personnel policies and systems, including around staff recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, development, evaluation, and retention.
- Lead new staff recruitment and hiring efforts.
- Collaborate with contractors to fulfill human resource functions, including payroll and benefits.
- Oversee staff goal-setting processes and a competency-based 360 performance evaluation system.
- Collaborate with staff to identify and/or develop opportunities to support professional learning.
- Information Technology:
- Develop a long-term plan to meet internal technology needs (e.g., hardware, software, internet, telecomm), including by outsourcing and managing IT contracts, as appropriate.
- Oversee the RISE network and e-mail system either directly or through contracted services.
- Support the acquisition and management of technology and new software installations either directly or through contracted services.
- Performance and Project Management:
- Monitor operational goals.
- Support the Director in designing and launching project management systems, trackers, and tools.
- Support the Director in supporting seamless day-to-day operations and long-term planning, including by facilitating strong internal communication and collaboration.