The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the overall direction and leadership of the organization in pursuit of its stated mission. The CEO will translate vision into strategies and actionable objectives across all segments of the organization ensuring the long term growth, impact and sustainability of Boys & Girls Clubs of Martin County.
Strategic Vision and Leadership
Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about financial, programmatic, and impact performance against organizational goals
Provide inspirational leadership and direction to staff and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization; establish effective decision making processes that will enable Boys & Girls Clubs of Martin County to achieve its long and short term goals and objectives
Collaborate with the Board to develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan while ensuring that budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with Boys & Girls Clubs of Martin County’s mission
Fundraising and Community Awareness
Actively engage in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of funding sources, particularly individual donors
Lead the development and execution of comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization, increase awareness among target audiences, and increase revenues from all sources
Articulate Boys & Girl Clubs of Martin County’s vision and impact to the community fostering public trust and strategic partnerships
Infrastructure and Operations
Ensure the delivery of high quality and impactful programs and services
Facilitate cross departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications throughout the organization; create and promote a positive work environment with a culture of communication and accountability
Oversee the financial status of the organization including the development of short and long range financial plans; monitor operating budget and ensure sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities ensuring that organizational resources are allocated in a manner that most effectively and efficiently drives progress
Determine and oversee pertinent organizational performance data
Advise the Board and participate in the ongoing board building process including identification, recruitment, orientation, engagement, evaluation and rotation of board members
Support the active participation of all board members in committees and task forces; ensure the provision of required information to facilitate sound decisions and determinations
For more than 25 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of Martin County has been providing award-winning programs, encouraging Martin County youth to learn and grow into successful adults. Our commitment to providing hope and opportunity for youth has never wavered and today we directly impact the lives of over 3,000 young people and their families through membership and community outreach with an annual oper...ating budget of approximately $4 million.
• Our mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
• Our vision is to provide a world-class Club experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who walks through our doors with all members on track to graduate from high school on time with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.
• Our Clubs offer safe, affordable places for youth during after school hours and non school days with youth development programs emphasizing three main focus areas: academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles.
• We currently operate 5 Club locations throughout Martin County, including: Hobe Sound, Indiantown, Palm City, Port Salerno and Stuart.
• Our Clubs are supported by 60 full and part-time adult professional staff, 30 governing board members, and over 100 program volunteers.
• We are rated as a four-star charity by Charity Navigator, America’s premier independent charity evaluator.
• In addition to our annual operating budget, we have permanently restricted endowment funds of nearly $6.8 million.