The Association for Psychological Science (APS), a DC-based scientific organization, seeks an eager, highly motivated, and organized individual for the Exhibits and Advertising Sales Manager full-time position.
- Close sales for exhibit booths, sponsorships, and advertising for annual national convention and biennial international convention
- Close sales for commercial and website advertising throughout the year
- Identify and generate leads for all sales channels, including but not limited to exhibits, sponsorships, commercial advertising, and employment advertising
- Communicate with past, current, and prospective customers daily
- Maintain organized records to track sales and sales prospects across all sales channels
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure exhibitors/sponsors/advertisers receive proper benefits and recognition
- Manage all aspects of sales, including but not limited to collateral generation, contracting, invoicing, account reconciliation, internal communications, proofing, etc.
- Manage exhibit hall on site at APS events
- Work collaboratively across departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year college degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field
- Two to five years of association sales experience, including exhibit and sponsorship sales
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, problem resolution, and teamwork skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office in addition to basic computer skills
- Ability to take initiative, be persistent, and persevere
- Be goal-oriented, conscientious, and driven
APS offers a competitive salary, great benefits, and a collegial environment. Email resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to email@example.com. No telephone calls please. APS is an equal opportunity employer.