Manager, Total Rewards and Executive Compensation
Our Client, one of Canada’s largest owners, developers and managers of Real Estate, is seeking a Manager, Total Rewards and Executive Compensation based in West Toronto. Reporting to the Vice President of HR, the Manager, Total Rewards and Executive Compensation will be responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of market-competitive compensation, equity, health and welfare, and rewards and recognition programs. He/she will work with business leaders and HR team members to develop, recommend and ensure successful implementation of total rewards strategies.
The successful candidate is a practical and business focused total rewards leader and generalist who brings experience working within a fast-paced organization. While strong analytical and technical skills will be important, he/she must also be a strong communicator with an ability to establish relationships, trust and credibility with all parts of the business.
- Brings deep understanding of and experience implementing compensation, benefits, equity administration and payroll systems, tools and processes, including in the following areas: executive compensation, equity compensation, salary benchmarking, variable pay and performance management, payroll, data analysis, research and cost modeling, health and welfare, leave and time off practices and retirement plans. HRIS implementation expertise and direct ADP Workforce Now experience would be a significant asset;
- Builds strong working partnerships with other HR team members, Finance, and functional leadership to ensure the effective implementation of benefits and compensation policies and programs;
- Manages annual compensation and equity review process; ensures that the processes are executed according to established timelines and plans;
- Oversees the design and renewal of benefit plans, performing periodical plan reviews, and market evaluations as required;
- Acts as the key liaison with benefit consultants and makes recommendations on the selection and usage of benefit consulting services;
- Reviews and recommends new compensation initiatives that effectively support the needs of the business, including short term pay incentives, long term incentives and overall compensation program effectiveness;
- Develops market intelligence strategies to identify trends and ensures that compensation levels and practices are internally equitable and market competitive to enable the attraction and retention of key talent;
- Provides day-to-day guidance to payroll specialist; assesses individual performance and provides developmental feedback and opportunities on an ongoing basis;
- Ensures that daily administration of benefit plans is being performed in a timely and accurate manner, and designs systems and processes to ensure same, including employee communication;
- Provides insightful analytics and recommends actions to clients to guide decision-making and measures business impact of people practices and solutions implemented;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to present information in a polished, succinct and logical manner and presents to senior leaders with confidence, impact and influence. Active listener; understands the concerns or questions that arise from a discussion or presentation;
- Is self-motivated, self-disciplined, energetic, and highly results oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities, shifting demands and workflow. Is collaborative and a team player who is able to handle both small and large matters with equal effectiveness and enthusiasm. Very comfortable with ambiguity. Committed to continuous improvement;