This position is responsible for supporting the communication and marketing efforts
of Undergraduate Admissions to coordinate and execute recruitment
communication and yield efforts on behalf of Undergraduate Admissions, colleges,
schools, and departments. Under the direction of the Director of Communication
and Academic Relations, the position supports the ongoing development and
management of a mixed-media, data-driven targeted recruitment communication
plan for multiple constituencies, including up to 175,000 prospective students
annually, parents, school counselors, volunteers, other influencers, and the
university community at large. The position represents the University both on- and
off-campus by providing counseling and advice on a range of admission and
enrollment processes to a wide variety of constituents, including prospective
students and their families, secondary and postsecondary school personnel,
community-based organizations, and other individuals or organizations involved in
the college selection process. The incumbent develops and executes limited
recruitment plans for an assigned territory or population, including programs and
travel activities around Ohio and nationally.
1. Communication Planning and Execution
• Under the direction of the Director of Communication and Academic Relations,
plan, develop, manage, and execute an integrated and comprehensive
communication plan using varying media, including but not limited to e-mail, print,
web, and social media for prospective undergraduate students, parents,
counselors, and other targeted audiences at all stages of the recruitment,
admission, and yield process, with a specialized focus on international, eCampus
and Athens transfer audiences. Recommend recruitment and yield communication
policies and procedures.
• Develop, write, and manage printed and electronic campaigns, documents,
queries, and reports to execute strategic communication for prospective
undergraduate students, parents, counselors, and other targeted audiences at all
stages of the recruitment, admission, and yield process. Research, conceptualize,
and write recruitment and yield communication materials. In most cases, coordinate
with University Communications and Marketing and/or Printing Resources for
design, layout, and production of the materials. Edit materials at the pre-production
proof stage. Research and evaluate current methods and trends in printed and
electronic communication and marketing, especially as they relate to enrollment
management or targeted audiences. Assist the Director on the development of
quality assurance of all department communications.
• Assist in writing strategic and marketing plans for the department. Provide public
information support to the Director by composing articles and press releases when
• Develop and maintain a website production calendar and maintain Undergraduate
Admissions and affiliated websites.
• Develop and maintain mechanisms of internal communication for sharing
recruitment and admission information with key academic and student support
stakeholders within the campus community.
• Support the digital marketing efforts of Undergraduate Admissions by reviewing
data, liaising with vendors, and reviewing content for digital marketing campaigns.
• Review and edit work of others to ensure consistency, accuracy, and alignment
with University’s and departments’ communication and marketing standards.
• May provide supervision for students, freelancers, interns, or other paid
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
2. Recruitment, Admission, and Yield Communication Client Management
• Consult with administrative and academic clients on communication and
marketing needs regarding recruitment, admission, and yield efforts for their future
students. In conjunction with faculty, assistant deans, and university staff, develop
recruitment and yield communication strategies. Advise academic and support units
regarding recruiting efforts and communication strategies, ensuring high-quality,
targeted, consistent efforts that link individual department needs and goals with the
overall mission and goals of the University.
• Prepare and maintain regular reporting to clients on suspect, prospect, applicant,
and admit pool recruitment and yield communications.
• Counsel and provide recommendations to other staff on best practices and
procedures as they pertain to mass marketing and electronic communication, in
addition to ensuring compliance with associated regulations and policies.
• Represent Undergraduate Admissions on university public relations and
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
• Represent the University both on- and off-campus to a wide variety of
constituents, including prospective students and their families, secondary and
postsecondary school personnel, community-based organizations, and other
individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process.
• Counsel and advise constituents on a range of admission and enrollment
processes. Maintain thorough knowledge of trends in the field of admissions, and
advise constituents on the breadth and depth of opportunities available at OHIO.
• Evaluate applications and supplemental materials for the purposes of making
admission decisions. Conduct thorough, holistic, selective review of an applicant’s
candidacy. Determine necessary documentation to support an admission decision
and recommends appropriate alternative pathways when admission cannot be
Plan and implement recruitment activities for an assigned territory or population,
including programs and travel activities around Ohio and nationally.