The Assistant Director of the MS in Management Studies (MSMS) Program is responsible for helping administer an academic program targeted at liberal arts, STEM and science students pursuing business studies immediately following their undergraduate studies. The Assistant director works closely with the program director to support all aspects of the program including student affairs, faculty services, career management resources and planning, reporting and day to day program administration.
Working Conditions: This position will work some evenings and weekends.
- Provides strategic direction and support to student club leaders; connect with administration and academic departments, assist in directing execution of club programming, including special events.
- Creates content and deliver club leadership training, including ongoing meetings as well as ongoing online and offline delivery of information. Be resource of best practices for club management and ensure smooth transitions between club leadership each year.
- Oversees student club expenditures ses, assist in the creation of budgets with student leaders, and execute reimbursements and COFO relationship for clubs. Manage all student event contracts which includes verifying paperwork, submitting to Legal team for review, and managing payment for vendors.
- Collaborates with MSMS faculty, director and staff on strategy and program planning and improvement.
- Supports student affairs programming and operations. Creates and maintains positive, nurturing environment for MSMS students.
- Serves as one of the primary contact with students and assists with academic, personal, and administrative issues that arise.
- Collaborates with MSMS Career Development professional to execute the co-curricular career development programming designed to supplement MSMS courses and maximize students’ Kellogg experience.
- Assists with program management and administration
- Builds partnerships and collaborates with administrative and academic departments at Kellogg
- Provides direct support and guidance to faculty related to course preparation, classroom management and study group composition
- Designs, creates and implements systems and processes to ensure continued quality of successful operation of Kellogg MSMS program
- Develops, directs, and maintains MSMS student portal and ongoing internal communications, and Social Media presence to support communication with admits and current students. Ensures brand & marketing alignment with Kellogg Marketing & Communications and Northwestern University standards.
- Supports data management, analysis & reporting
- Designs and maintains record-keeping mechanisms about MSMS enrolled students, and alumni. Maintains data and systems integrity mechanisms required by both Kellogg and Northwestern.
- Performs analyses and prepares reports used by Kellogg and non-Kellogg audiences for recruiting, tracking, evaluation, and programmatic purposes.
- Creates, administers, and analyzes yearly evaluation and other surveys targeted at prospective and current students, used for developing recruiting strategies and program improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree. 3 years of experience in higher education or related field, experience as part of a multifunctional team preferred.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be able to work with students, administration, and faculty.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products (especially Excel and PowerPoint), internet and web, adept at learning new systems.
- Must have demonstrated high level of professionalism, follow-through, and flexibility.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Experience, in event planning, relationship management, or other related areas strongly preferred.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience working with graduate students.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Excellent customer service.
- Able to work on multiple priorities at same time.
- Strong time management, organization skills.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.