University Recruitment Specialist-1701117
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Human Resources professionals at BASF create chemistry with people. HR is working to form the best team by sourcing, hiring and developing the right talent for BASF. In addition to traditional responsibilities like governance, benefits administration, and payroll, HR at BASF serves as a strategic partner to the business, ensuring that the right people are in the right place at the right time to help the Company grow. HR strives to make BASF an even better place to work by soliciting feedback, engaging employees, and shaping the culture through best-practice programs and practices.
The UR Recruiter is responsible for managing university recruiting relationships with internal school contacts, career centers and students at key schools for our rotational programs - Professional Development Program (PDP). The UR Recruiter will be responsible for managing both full-time and Intern candidates. The incumbent will report to the Manager of University Recruitment or the Senior University Recruitment Specialist.
In collaboration with our Corporate Communications and Employer Branding teams, you will drive all aspects of UR's social media, marketing, and branding campaigns. University Recruitment not only maintains an active strategy and presence at over 20 core North American universities, but also attends and hires top talent from a number of different annual national conferences. This role requires a skilled and creative individual who will annually develop and implement a social media communications strategy for University Recruitment in North America aligned with global colleagues, company objectives, trending topics and calendars of relevant dates and events to convey the BASF's vision and values to targeted stakeholders.
Formula for Success:
- Research innovative and progressive ways of branding on campus
- Work with partners at key schools to develop and assess the key school goals/objectives each year
- Source quality university candidates through a broad range of cost effective techniques on and off campus
- Conduct screening and selection interviews for university recruiting
- Extend offers of employment to successful candidates
- Ensure Applicant Tracking System is updated with quality data
- Review results of pre-employment assessments, background checks and pre-employment medical exams
- Provide guidance to hiring managers on policies, processes, and regulatory issues
- Provide guidance to interns on policies and processes
- Represent BASF at university events
- Analyze hiring statistics
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Incumbent will serve as back up to PDP Recruiters
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- BS degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of combined HR AND recruiting experience with 3 years minimum recruiting experience required
- Experience with University Recruitment required
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Extremely detail oriented - must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think logically and work independently
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be persistent/aggressive in following up to obtain information from various sources
- Demonstrated understanding of how social media outlets work to successfully develop strategic posts aligned with BASF goals and to guide others in doing so.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following social media outlets; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, SlideShare and Flickr.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of existing and emerging social media channels and technologies and how to use them to reach targeted audiences.
- Experience leading project teams is required
- Experience directly managing others preferred
- Experience with an applicant tracking system is required
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Other Locations: US-LA-Geismar, US-MI-Wyandotte, US-MI-Southfield, US-TX-Freeport, US-TX-Houston
Function: HRES - Human Resources
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NTH-Human Resources