AFPM is searching for a Manager, Safety Programs in our Health and Safety Department. The successful candidate will have an integral role in managing various safety committees, facilitating regulatory issues impacting the Health and Safety Committees. Provide managerial and leadership support to our Safety Committees, Process Safety Workgroup, Hazard Identification Subgroup, and our Safety Network regions. Build relationships with key third-party contractors and serve as a liaison for other AFPM departments, industry representatives, organizations, and groups.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Health and Safety.
The Manager, Safety Programs will participate in the development, implementation and management of the Safety workgroups and subgroups. Facilitate and Coordinate several committee meetings annually in two major geographical regions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Manage, coordinate, and facilitate meetings for the Process Safety Workgroup, Hazard Identification Subgroup, and our Safety Network regions within the Safety Department.
- Provide a non-competitive forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences for participating committee representatives.
- Work with committee members to review regulatory comments and provide direction on issues and develop comments when needed
- Record meeting minutes; compile information for, and maintain a comprehensive database; and, disseminate information within and across regions and other identified committees.
- Develop a strong knowledge of issues important to the Safety department and industry representatives.
- Collect and utilize political and industry information to identify emerging issues and trends impacting AFPM member companies.
- Monitor key state regulatory matters having significant impact on AFPM members
- Maintain strong working relationships with AFPM member company representatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned Senior Director, Health and Safety, or other relevant management personnel.
NOTE: This is not an IT position.