MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The position is responsible for managing all regional operational functions, which requires a high level of decision making with regards to financial decisions and personnel.
5% Responsible for the collaborative process of developing Vision, Values, Goals and Strategies for the region that are aligned with the Organizational Mission.
10% Responsible for and delivers regional performance reviews to the executive team.
30% Developing physician practice relationship including understanding product lines and people who drive product lines.
10% Focus on group opportunities supporting contemplative ideas.
45% Oversight of operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Position reports to Regional President and is responsible for managing multiple business segments (neonatology, maternal fetal medicine, pediatric cardiology, pediatric intensive care and pediatric and obstetrical hospitalists) in a specific geographic area (Region).
- Oversight of all operations:
P&L performance management. Effectively understand and manage regional financial results and modify operations strategies accordingly
- Oversight of Budget Process
- 1,3,5 yr growth assessment (w/RP)
- Growth initiatives (w/DO's)
- Managed Care Workplan (w/MCM)
- Methodology (w/Sr. Analyst and RP)
- Specifics (w/PM, Sr. Analyst, DO's)
- General review (w/RP)
- Understanding and Review of Monthly Operational Summaries
- Oversight, Understanding and Review of Regional Proformas
- Responsible for negotiating agreements (directly or through direct reports) with physicians, payers, hospitals and vendors related to new, as well as ongoing business operations.
- Facility and lease oversight
- Management team oversight
- Director of Operations
- 70% technical
- 30% strategic
- Regional Analyst
- Managed Care Manager (matrixed reporting reporting with National VP of Managed Care)
- Regional Patient Accounts Director (matrixed reporting with National VP of Patient Accounts)
- HR Generalist
- APN Director
- Hearing Screen Manager
- Conduct monthly 1:1 meetings with direct reports
- Establish effective working relationships with physician leaders and hospital partners to address market issues including leadership structure and group dynamics as well as development and implementation of business strategies.
- Relationship Development with medical directors and practices
- Oversight of Practice Manager Development (w/DO)
- Non physician metrics and productivity
- Crucial conversations and negotiations
- Managed and monitor physician behavioral issues
- Initiates and implements business development opportunities:
- New acquisitions in combination with national business development team
- Same store growth
- New product lines
- Lead acquisition model review and due diligence process
- Assist with Government Relations/Lobbyist activity
- Assist with Regional initiatives, goals and meetings
- Develop recruiting strategies for clinical and non-clinical positions
- Work closely with managed care in strategic review of the yearly work plan and attend meetings with payers
- Act professionally under pressure
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required to travel up to 30% of the time
This position can be located in Seattle - WA, Orange - CA, or Las Vegas - NV.
- Leadership position in multi-site, multi-state healthcare organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with peers and subordinates
- Proven leadership abilities
- Results oriented and accountable
- Ability to act professionally under pressure
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and financial applications.
- Required to travel up to 30% of the time.
Bachelor's Degree in business administration, healthcare administration or similar field. MBA or MHA preferred.
MEDNAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.