The full-time instructor will be directly responsible to the Department Chair of assigned academic unit (i.e. Accountancy, Finance, Global Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing/Supply Chain Management, Public Affairs).
A. General Scope of Responsibilities
1. Practice excellence in teaching and instruction.
2. Demonstrate evidence of professional growth and academic currency.
3. Carry out the responsibilities specific to his/her area, department and/or program.
B. Teaching and Instruction
1. Begin class on time in an orderly, organized fashion.
2. Be courteous to and approachable by students.
3. Follow approved policies and procedures in the conduct of all instructional activities.
4. Use effective motivation to help stimulate a personal desire to learn the subject/skill(s).
5. Constantly strive to improve instruction through:
a. Self-analysis and evaluation.
b. Observation and study of new instructional techniques for lecture, laboratory or performance courses.
c. The use of technology where applicable to enhance the learning environment.
d. Re-evaluation and re-definition of instructional objectives.
e. Continual revision and updating of course content and materials of instruction.
f. Attendance at the division meetings, conferences on improvement of instruction, and such activities as may be required for self-improvement.
g. Initiation and/or participation in overall department/division wide program development, maintenance, evaluation, revision and/or expansion.
6. Meet and assist students during office hours or by appointment
7. Prepare complete course syllabi.
8. Utilize standard methods of evaluation listed in course outlines or other materials approved in advance by the Department Chair.