The Senior Director, Global Public Relations, heads external communications for the company, including media relations, public relations, and social communications. In this role, the Senior Director plans, executes and coordinates global public relations, media relations, and social communications strategies strategies that cultivate and maintain positive global media coverage for PAREXEL. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Communications, the PR Senior Director also works with other corporate, SBU and functional leaders to build a broad relationship base with media and other key influencers that maximizes the company’s reach, gains awareness for and establishes PAREXEL as the primary thought leader in the global biopharmaceutical services sector. The Senior Director also has experience building a public relations competency within an organization, as well as experience managing a public relations agency.
Strategy and Planning
- Assist the VP, Corporate Communications in developing and executing global public relations, media relations, and social communications strategies for PAREXEL that extend market leadership, support business/ growth and respond/ neutralize competitive challenges.
- Collaborate with domestic and international teams to ensure public relations are aligned to corporate goals and messages .
- Work with PAREXEL’s global Corporate Communications Council to ensure that internal and external messages are aligned and consistent, while allowing local focus.
- Manage multiple employees (direct reports).
- Allocate and manage Public Relations budget.
- Contribute to development of PAREXEL’s digital communications strategy.
Public Relations, Media Relations, and Social Communications
- Develop strategic external communications plans for issues management and incident management; lead execution as required
- Develop public relations, media relations, and social communications strategies to promote expertise and leadership and address significant organization accomplishments and business announcements (acquisitions, product/service launches, Strategic Partnerships, global expansion, etc.)
- Manage multiple external PR agencies globally
- Develop media strategies that - Partner with Internal Communications and Marketing to integrate PR campaigns for product and program initiatives, maximizing the impact of strategic messages against prioritized targets