Reporting to the Corporate VP & Head of Worldwide Marketing. This position will be responsible for leading corporate communications efforts for PAREXEL, including Public Relations, Employee Engagement, Reputation Management, and Media Relations. This executive will help build brand awareness and strengthen the company's positioning for PAREXEL and each of its strategic business units (SBU) by formulating and implementing compelling communication initiative, programs and engagement platforms that can extend market leadership, support business/ growth and respond/ neutralize competitive challenges for PAREXEL. The key to this role is the understanding of strategic communication, crisis management and internal communication.
Reports To: Corporate VP, Chief Marketing Officer
Directly Supervises: Senior Director, Internal Communications, Senior Director, Public Relations and Senior Director of Digital Marketing
Works Closely with: CEO, COO, Chief Legal Counsel, Marketing Directors and SBU Heads
External Relationships: PR and Advertising agencies
• He/she will work with executives and the Marketing organization to create cohesive communication strategies across the organization and across the global biopharmaceutical industry. In this capacity, this leader will provide advice, counsel and support to all senior leaders regarding all communications-related opportunities and issues.
• Drive corporate messaging and media relations. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key media that cover the scope of interests for PAREXEL - across traditional and digital media. He/ she will also lead oversight and management of the relationship with external agencies.
• Key Stakeholder and Executive communications that address significant organization accomplishments and announcements.
• Design and implement an Employee Engagement strategy, platform and channels designed to inform, engage and inspire PAREXEL staff worldwide.
• Direct responsibility for leading the advancement of our digital platform and social media presence
• Collaborate with marketing organization to develop integrated communication campaigns for product and program initiatives, to maximize reach and impact of strategic messages against prioritized targets. Communication platforms includes, but is not limited to company website, quarter management meetings and employee meetings , newsletters, events, speaker series, story opportunities, Intranet - Lead crisis communication - assessment and strategic responses
• Proactively evaluate and implement communication platform/ capability upgrades to improve communication reach, impact and relevance of engagements among key influencers online