Suffolk University invites applications from qualified individuals for the Administrative Services Coordinator position in the Dean's Office of the Sawyer Business School (SBS). Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communication this position is responsible for providing accurate writing, editing and design assistance for print and web based academic materials and manages the Business School's social media channels. The Administrative Services Coordinator (ASC) manages the SBS listservs, SBS constant contact account and SBS ADX (events) calendar. The ASC also assists the Director of Marketing & Communication with event logistics as needed.
Primary Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, editing –author and edit original academic content for the Sawyer Business School website and reviews all Business School webpages for messaging, tone, usability, and content quality, as well as ensure that pages meet style guide standards, brand voice and brand practices. And authors and edits other communication materials such as the SBS Curriculum sheets, event fliers and brochures as needed.
- Social media – manages and provides content to the SBS social media channels: Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram. The incumbent will post original content and content written by other sources including: the Office of Public Affairs and Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Academic Catalog – project manages the Academic Catalogs for both the undergraduate and graduate catalogs. Enters department edits into the content management system. Proofreads department edits and collaborates with the Registrar's Office, CAS Dean's Office, SBS Deans and Office of Marketing and Communication on this project.
- Logistical Support – Assists the Director with event management logistical support including managing mailing lists, and the constant contact email system and the SBS List servs.
- Additional projects as assigned.
Will need to be available weekends or evenings on occasion to assist with events such as Commencement.
- Bachelor's is preferred, but equivalent office support experience is required.
- Computer skills --MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop
- Social Media expertise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Customer service
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Able to self-manage and take initiative on projects
Working at Suffolk
Suffolk University is a private, comprehensive, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Since 1906, Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience. Our college green is the Boston Common. We are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together. Suffolk is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community.
Suffolk University is actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LBGTQ status.
See yourself here with our terrific benefits package. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
Harvard Pilgrim medical/Delta Dental at low employee costs
Retirement options including both Standard Retirement Plan (SRP) and Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity (VTDAP). The University contributes 9% to your SRP when you contribute 5% after eligibility guidelines have been met.
All employees and faculty members who are at least half-time are eligible for the tuition free course benefit in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School. There are additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children.
Generous time-off program. Vacation accrues monthly. Vacation for part-time employees is pro-rated based on the employees' regularly scheduled hours. Additional holidays are announced each year and are separate from the employee's vacation allowance.
Pre-tax commuter benefit
Discounted home and auto insurance
Suffolk University conducts background checks as a contingent offer of employment for all positions. Suffolk University requires specific written authorization to conduct background checks. Failure to provide such authorization shall preclude candidates from being hired.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter for the position in which you are applying to.