| A fully-integrated national multifamily investment, development, and property management company is looking for an International Compliance Associate in its Corporate Headquarters. This position is responsible for providing strategic direction for the Company's various compliance programs, making recommendations to enhance current assessment models, and support the Compliance leadership team. Additional responsibilities include ensuring compliance with our policies and procedures and other governing standards or requirements. Employees in this role will promote ethical behavior, facilitate ethical decision-making, and contribute to compliance management activities and functions in support of the company. The Company offers competitive pay and benefits as well as opportunity for advancement. EOE.|
- Develop, implement and ensure the administration of the compliance strategy based on any compliance risk assessment results or other criteria.
- Develop and ensure the documentation of various compliance controls and procedures. This may include policies, procedures, standards, job aids, or other activities; Ensure adequate compliance documentation and retention is maintained.
- Develop and conduct risk assessments for specific business units/sub-processes.
- Oversee projects/initiatives requiring risk and compliance input/approval.
- Oversee the development of compliance related education and awareness and any resulting training plan.
- Develop reporting strategies to assess the effectiveness of programs. Make recommendations to leadership regarding improvement opportunities; Develop periodic reports for management, leadership, and the Board (as needed).
- Meet with various business units/departments to build relationships and strengthen the compliance program through monitoring and testing of controls.
- Participate in events (community, diversity, etc.) on behalf of the organization and providing appropriate representation
- Participate in industry association meetings and discussions as directed by management. Provides internal communication, as needed, regarding such meetings and discussions.
- Escalation point for questions from field team members and supports comprehension and compliance with Online Policies and Procedures.
- 5 to 10 years' experience in similar position preferred.
- Experience in financial services or private equity a plus.
- A Master's Degree is strongly preferred for this position.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others along with professional verbal and written communication skills while responding effectively to sensitive inquires or complaints. Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Ability to use a personal computer and advanced working knowledge of email, Microsoft Word, Excel, and ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, and copier.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with strong time management, research, and analytic skills.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick and effective decisions, set and meet goals, and consistently meet deadlines. Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and initiative are imperative for this position. Must be approachable and able to work effectively with various personality types.
- General knowledge of Advisors Act of 1940 and Foreign Corrupt Practice Act.