BUILDING OWNERS AND MANAGERS ASSOCIATION (BOMA) INTERNATIONAL
TITLE: GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS & PAC MANAGER
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT, ADVOCACY, CODES & STANDARDS
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
POSITION STATUS: EXEMPT
POSITION OPENING: IMMEDIATE
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: MANAGER
Must possess a bachelor’s degree in related field and have 2 to 3 years of experience in government relations, PAC management, compliance and fundraising. Strong written and presentation skills are necessary.
POSITION DESCRIPTION OBJECTIVES:
Responsible for all matters related to BOMAPAC, including supporting PAC growth strategic efforts, federal PAC compliance reports and budgets, and political fundraising events. Additionally, the position will provide support for federal, state and local government affairs efforts. Specific duties listed below.
- Maintain BOMAPAC records, process contributions, and prepare federal compliance reports.
- Create and manage strategic plans to increase PAC participation with local associations.
- Conduct solicitation campaigns and manage PAC fundraising efforts at BOMA’s conferences.
- Assist local associations with planning fundraising events.
- Manage and update BOMA’s PAC website, including the creation of PAC documents and brochures.
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS SUPPORT:
- Assist in the preparation for BOMA meetings and assist with the advocacy committees as assigned.
- Respond to member requests.
- Maintain the advocacy/codes group central files for correspondence, listservs, and other functions.
- Coordinate and contribute articles to several online and printed publications.
- Assist in the preparation of legislative alerts and other grassroots activities.
- Assist the Advocacy/Codes division in processing invoices and vendor requests.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Advocacy, Codes and Standards.
Responsibilities require a close working relationship with all staff. The Government Affairs and PAC Manager interacts with BOMA members, local BOMA association leadership, other real estate association staff, and congressional/ federal officials and employees.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT BOMA INTERNATIONAL:
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is a federation of 90 BOMA U.S. associations and 18 international affiliates. Founded in 1907, BOMA represents the owners and managers of all commercial property types including nearly 10.5 billion square feet of U.S. office space that supports 1.7 million jobs and contributes $234.9 billion to the U.S. GDP. Its mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through advocacy, influence and knowledge.??
BOMA International is a primary source of information on building management and operations, development, leasing, building operating costs, energy consumption patterns, local and national building codes, legislation, occupancy statistics, technological developments and other industry trends.