| FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTThe Department of Public Management at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York, seeks an exceptional senior scholar with a demonstrated commitment to justice (area of specialization open) qualified for appointment as a full professor with tenure to serve as chairperson, effective Fall 2017. The Chairperson is elected every three years by the department faculty. Exceptional senior associate professors may be considered. The position offers an opportunity to lead a versatile and accomplished department of 27 full-time and 40+ part-time members.Our faculty play key roles as directors, coordinators, deputy chairs, and instructors for a broad array of undergraduate and graduate programs in Public Administration and in Accounting, including the Public Administration major, Criminal Justice Management major, the Fraud Examination and Financial Forensics major, the Advanced Certificate in Forensic Accounting, MPA program in Public Policy and Administration, MPA program in Inspection and Oversight, including fully-online version of both MPA programs. Faculty also teach and advise in various doctoral programs of the City University of New York's Graduate Center.John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the college offers bachelors and masters degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate School of the City University of New York. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, the college has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building with a black-box theater, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings.QUALIFICATIONSPh.D. degree in public administration or closely related fields at time of appointment is required. Successful candidates will have a record of excellent scholarship, teaching experience, and experience in academic administration as a department chair or deputy chair or program director. Successful candidates will possess an ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution and will have had the experience with the tenure and promotion process so as to support and guide department faculty in their candidacies.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSWe are seeking a candidate who is an effective manager, possesses strong interpersonal skills, can provide visionary leadership, and can work collaboratively with the department's diverse faculty and programs and who is committed to mentoring junior faculty members and to the continued professional development of all faculty and staff. Experience working and/or leading in a large administrative structure, within a university setting, including a school or college of public affairs and evidence of success in securing external research funding.COMPENSATIONCUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.HOW TO APPLYTo apply, all applicants must first register through CUNYFirst. If you are viewing the job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:|
* Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
* Click "Search job listings"
* Search by job Opening ID number (JOB ID 16382)
* Click on "more options to search for CUNY jobs"
* Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructionsOnce you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload the required information as a single document.Documentation to submit: Please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation. The application letter should address the candidate's scholarly agenda, teaching philosophy, approach and experience in management and leadership in a diverse environment, and teaching experience, at a minimum.The three recommendation letters ONLY should be emailed to Maria J. D'Agostino, Ph.D., Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.orgFor additional information about the position, contact the Search Committee Co-Chairs Dr. Peter Mameli, email@example.com and Dr. Maria D'Agostino, firstname.lastname@example.orgCLOSING DATE
* REVISED--------------------------------------------------Resume review will begin February 25, 2017. Closing date April 18, 2017.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: FacultyEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* John Jay College*Job Title:
* Tenured Associate Professor or Full Professor/Department Chairperson-Department of Public Management*Job ID:
* 16382*Full/Part Time: