| As the primary administrative support for the Vice President for Harvard Public Affairs and Communications (HPAC) and the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant will provide high-level executive support, including, but not limited to: scheduling, coordinating, and preparing principals for complex meetings and events; arranging travel; expense and travel financial processing; and similar duties. Working closely with and reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant works to help set and manage priorities and schedule-based demands as well as developing and administering systems for the office of the Vice President; maintains files; handles incoming requests via telephone, email, and mail; researches issues as directed; drafts and edits correspondence, briefings, and summaries as appropriate for the VP; and addresses questions coming in to the VP office. The Executive Assistant also ensures the Vice President is prepared for all daily activities, which includes preparation and gathering of meeting materials and tracking of ongoing projects or other activities.|
Specific responsibilities include:
- As the primary assistant for HPAC's Vice President, performs a wide range of duties, working closely with the Chief of Staff, to ensure smooth daily operations for the Office of the Vice President.
- Responsible for developing effective systems for managing the Vice President's Office's scheduling and administrative needs.
- Researches and coordinates special projects as directed by the Vice President, the Chief of Staff, and other members of the HPAC senior management team.
- Manages contacts and relationships with key constituents, including senior university administrators, deans, faculty, staff, as well as external contacts in corporate, government, and media fields.
- Responsible for all incoming phone calls and messages during office hours of 8:30am – 5:30pm, including securing coverage for time away from the phone; provides immediate message relay and escalates and redirecting incoming requests as appropriate.
- Drafts and edits correspondence; transcribes interviews and other related materials.
- Acts as primary manager of VP and COS calendars. Helps to prioritize principals' schedule requests and travel arrangements, especially in coordination with other senior level administrative staff.
- Schedules and coordinates logistics for meetings, travel, and special or departmental events.
- Independently arranges and coordinates all travel for the Vice President and Chief of Staff travel and reconciles corresponding expenses; this may include securing necessary security, visa/immigration, or other international travel materials as appropriate.
- Tracks and manages all financial expenses for principals, including ensuring all corporate credit cards and reimbursement payments.
- Creates meeting agendas as directed and proactively seeks background materials for meetings as part of daily preparation.
- Pending workload, may take on additional independent projects in support of the office of the Vice President.
This is a confidential position exempt from the bargaining unit. The role has a 40/hour workweek and some overtime may be required. The standard work schedule will be Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm (1 hour unpaid lunch). Note: This position is double posted at the grade 54 level (position 41588BR). Only one position will be filled.
Salary Grade: 055
Union: 99 - Non-Union, Confidential Non-Ex