| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Office of Community Health and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
This Senior Project Manager Office of Community Health will be responsible for:
- Managing the allocation, implementation and evaluation processes for a large block of funding ensuing from a Community Health Initiatives process approved by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. The funding will be dispersed to a cohort of external groups who will implement specific initiatives in the community.
- Providing administrative support to the Hospital's community health agenda and community partnership development. Overseeing the work of external partners in the areas of mental and behavioral health, stable and affordable housing, safe and healthy communities, and systems of support for infants, children, youth and families.
- Working closely with the Office of Community Health team, the Government Relations team, internal and external working groups, and diverse stakeholders. Facilitating group discussions and community conversations, and keeping all team members appropriately informed.
- Playing a leadership role in writing RFPs, reviewing/prioritizing proposals, and implementing work, including budget tracking and review.
- Developing and executing work plans, setting priorities for tasks based on importance and urgency, delivering projects on time and within budget, creating work products and project deliverables independently, understanding and meeting expectations for deliverable quality and timeliness, overseeing the creation of work products by others to ensure quality, managing and directing regulatory/reporting activities.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management, Community Health, Business Administration or related field. Minimum of seven years relevant experience. Master's degree in a related field (MPH, MSW, MPA, MBA), and two years of experience managing highly complex projects that involve systems change or cross sector collaboration is highly preferred.
- A strong background in project administration within public/community health, community development, cross sector collaboration and analytic support combined with a focus on process improvement.
- An understanding of community engagement, social service delivery systems, social determinants of health, and a commitment to the mission of serving children and families.
- The ability to effectively manage and lead multiple demands and projects and/or proposals simultaneously within assigned department/division.
- The demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement and/or process improvement activities and provide technical assistance in these areas.
- Strong organizational skills, and advanced knowledge of PC-based software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Community Benefits & Network Dev
Schedule: Mon - Fri
Standard Hours Per Week: 40