At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Marketing and Communications Organization and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Senior Consultant, Internal Communications will be responsible for:
- Driving communications that support Boston Children's construction and renewal efforts.
- Developing and executing the strategic direction for enterprise-wide communication around facilities/construction, as well as the content for an externally-facing website dedicated to long-term communications about the project.
- Working in collaboration with the Manager for Enterprise and Executive Communications, as well as with writers, designers and videographer/photographers who are not direct reports.
To qualify, you must have:
- At minimum, a Bachelor's degree and 5 -7 years of progressive experience.
- Proficiency in Internal communications, project management/planning and writing, and additional experience in large complex organizations (preferred).
- A proven track record of developing and implementing communications strategies in large organizations.
- Strong verbal communications and superior writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity leveraging social and earned media.
- The ability to work collaboratively across various teams throughout this large, fast-paced and complex organizational environment.
- A confident management style and evidence of discretion and tact in dealing with people and issues.
- Experience and versatility in evaluating, deploying and managing digital communications strategies and technologies.
- The ability to create and deliver dynamic and engaging presentations using PowerPoint and other digital tools.
- Expertise in web content management systems and project management systems and methodology, preferred.
Boston Children's Hospital is in the early construction phase of the most ambitious renewal in its 150 year history including a new 11-story clinical building, new ambulatory center and renovations across its existing Longwood campus. The intent is to create new and enhanced clinical space that will increase our capacity to heal and lead pediatrics into the future. The position is high profile and will report to the Senior Director of Media and Executive Communications and will work directly with senior clinical and operational leaders across the enterprise.
We're looking for someone to help us tell this story to the world, as well as build excitement and increase engagement across our nearly 20,000 employees, staff and volunteers.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Standard Hours Per Week: 40