The College Dean is responsible for the administration of the college which may include, but is not limited to, department head and faculty recruitment and development, department head and faculty evaluation, program development, program review, student advisement, college budgeting and budget control, and indirect supervision of the teaching, research, and service activities of the college.
Description of Primary Duties:
As a chief administrative officer of the College, the Dean is expected to provide professional, intellectual and administrative leadership, and to support faculty, staff and students. He or she will demonstrate sound fiscal management, promote excellence in teaching and scholarship, facilitate student recruitment and retention initiatives, encourage faculty development, build partnerships with external constituents and public organizations, engage in fundraising and other types of external support, and facilitate the Public Affairs mission of the University as it relates to the College.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
The minimum acceptable qualifications for the position of College Dean are prescribed by the Provost and the University President. A record of inclusive conduct and evidence of multicultural skills in the workplace is required.
1. A terminal degree in a discipline within the college or related field and credentials consistent with an appointment at the rank of full professor. 2. Evidence of significant academic administrative experience, including but not limited to fiscal oversight, personnel management, program evaluation, and strategic planning. 3. Evidence of successful leadership and communication skills. 4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity. 5. Experience in fundraising, alumni relations, and development activities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First date of consideration will be November 26, 2018. Official Transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
Do you value every voice and every opinion?
Are you inspired to create a better future for yourself and others?
Are you ready to make a difference?
If so, Missouri State has a place for you
Missouri State University is a public, comprehensive university system with a mission in public affairs. Our purpose is to develop fully educated persons with a focus on ethical leadership, cultural competence and community engagement.
• Enrollment of 26,000 students who come from around the state and the world.
• Four-campus system: Springfield, Mo., West Plains and Mountain Grove, Mo., and Dalian,
• Students’ average ACT score above national average
• Strong commitment to both teaching and research
• More than 190 undergraduate options; 90 graduate options
• Located in Springfield, third-largest city in state; known for beautiful outdoors, friendly people, superior health care, excellent public schools, and a variety of entertainment and cultural opportunities.
Missouri State is committed to benefiting our surrounding communities. We want to create the next generation of citizen leaders through an unrivaled educational experience that emphasizes a com...mitment to public affairs.
With a campus community filled with diverse perspectives, voices and opinions, Missouri State is fulfilling its commitment to address the needs of a changing society. We are a community of forward-thinking teachers, learners and leaders.
We cultivate students of character who enter the workforce as well-rounded professionals and honest, confident individuals. We believe in innovation, bringing fresh, relevant ideas to our area.
We are dedicated to enriching our city and region, whether through cultural offerings, research and scholarly endeavors, internship programs or the development of facilities that serve a broader community beyond our campus borders.
When you work at Missouri State, you tap into a network of leaders with an appreciation for big-picture thinking and a continual desire to address the professional, personal and societal needs of our changing region. There's no limit to the statement we can make together.