USA Hockey is seeking a creative and motivated individual to serve as a part of its communication team as digital content coordinator.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce written, graphic and video content for USA Hockey communication properties
• Post/edit daily content to USA hockey website properties, including articles, photos, video and other digital content
• Work with freelance content company to fill digital content needs
• Contribute to USA Hockey social media efforts as needed
• Assist in collecting and organizing website analytics to maximize user effectiveness and meet organizational goals
• Work with internal departments to train staff to post and edit content when applicable
• Serve as internal and external support when needed for website issues, membership concerns and any other questions
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with an excellent benefit package.
Availability: Position available immediately at USA Hockey’s national headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Application Procedure: To apply, email a letter of application, current resume, and list of three references with contact information in one .pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in journalism, communications, public relations, and/or marketing
Excellent writing and editing skills
Strong understanding of hockey
Minimum of two years producing digital content in all forms under deadline
A solid understanding and ability to work within the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere
Experience in fully producing video and graphic packages under deadline
Experience in collecting and analyzing website analytics to create actionable takeaways
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays
Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
About USA Hockey, Inc.
USA Hockey, founded on October 29, 1937, and headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, provides the foundation for the sport of ice hockey in America; helps young people become leaders, sometimes Olympic heroes; and connects the game at every level while promoting a lifelong love of the sport. USA Hockey is more than a million strong, including players, coaches, officials and volunteers that span all 50 states. The National Governing Body for the sport in the United States, USA Hockey has important partnerships with the National Hockey League, United States Olympic Committee and International Ice Hockey Federation. For more information, visit usahockey.com.