USA Hockey is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as its social media coordinator.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execute day-to-day social media initiatives, including posting diversified content and developing strategies to improve engagement and drive action across all current USA Hockey channels
• Maintain USA Hockey’s social media calendar for both short- and long-term campaigns
• Produce written, graphic and video content for various USA Hockey channels
• Stay apprised of emerging social media technologies and how those trends are applicable to USA Hockey’s channels
• Assist with coverage in/around major USA Hockey events
• Collect and manage analytics and tracking systems to monitor social media engagement and results, as well as identify opportunities for USA Hockey in the social space
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with an excellent benefit package.
Availability: Position available immediately at USA Hockey’s national headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Application Procedure: To apply, email a letter of application, current resume, and list of three references with contact information in one .pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in journalism, communications, public relations, and/or marketing • Demonstrated knowledge and immersion in social media • Excellent writing and editing skills • Strong understanding of hockey • Minimum of two years of experience managing social media accounts • Experience in fully producing video and graphic packages under deadline • A solid understanding and ability to work within the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere • Experience in analyzing social media analytics • Strong communication and interpersonal skills • Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays • Ability to positively engage with all USA Hockey constituent groups
About USA Hockey, Inc.
USA Hockey, founded on October 29, 1937, and headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, provides the foundation for the sport of ice hockey in America; helps young people become leaders, sometimes Olympic heroes; and connects the game at every level while promoting a lifelong love of the sport. USA Hockey is more than a million strong, including players, coaches, officials and volunteers that span all 50 states. The National Governing Body for the sport in the United States, USA Hockey has important partnerships with the National Hockey League, United States Olympic Committee and International Ice Hockey Federation. For more information, visit usahockey.com.