Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
The position is responsible for the editorial product of The Center - which currently reaches more than 30,000 unique users on its website each month.
The successful candidate will work with other staff and member volunteers to consistently produce leading corporate citizenship knowledge assets, research, news briefs, and FAQs in all forms of communication (text, images, audio and video). * Continually improving and implementing the communications plan for the Center * Drafting editorial guidelines to ensure all Center produced content is accurate, robust, differentiated and best of breed * Assisting with the development and the integration of editorial offerings within all Center communication channels
The following are examples of what is expected:
* Near-daily interaction with the member community * A professional, fact-based, unbiased, friendly, knowledge-based approach * The best possible editorial product * All activities will be conducted in an unbiased, professional, accurate, fact-based and differentiated manner
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $74,750 to $93,450; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
* Bachelor's degree in related field (e.g., Communications, Journalism, English).
* Minimum 5+ years related professional writing and editing experience
* Very high attention to detail, especially in regard to project management and version control.
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
* Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
* Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
* Impeccable writing and editing skills
* A talent for clear, concise communication
* Excellent project management skills and excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to juggle competing priorities
* A background in Corporate Citizenship, corporate communications, or long-form journalism is a major asset
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Internal Number: 2153
About Boston College
Boston College is one of the nation's best and most selective universities, with U.S. News & World Report ranking Boston College 31st among national universities, and Forbes ranking it 26th in its 2012 America's Best Colleges listing. Boston College confers more than 4,000 degrees annually in more than 50 fields of study through eight schools and colleges. Faculty members are committed to both teaching and research having earned nearly $60 million in research grants in the last year alone. The University has made a major commitment to academic excellence. As part of its Strategic Plan, Boston College is in the process of adding 100 new faculty positions, expanding faculty and graduate research, increasing student financial aid to more than $128 million annually, and widening opportunities in key undergraduate programs, such as international study, internships and student formation.