Posting Summary: The University of Virginia is hiring a Corporate and Foundation Strategy and Research Coordinator. This new position will be a key component of our expanding Corporate and Foundation Relations team and will play a critical role in achieving the University's vision for its third century. Part of the central University Advancement office, Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for supporting pan-university projects, programs, and priorities as well as supporting and coordinating efforts across UVA's eleven schools.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, this position will serve as the research and information hub for the CFR team. He/she will find, organize, and analyze information for the team, university leaders, faculty, and development colleagues to support effective organizational fundraising. Responsibilities will include:
- Researching potential funders for different university priorities, programs, and faculty research activity;
- Synthesizing information on funders in briefings and other documents to provide insight into national and statewide corporations and foundations including financial capacity, philanthropic interests, and connections to the university or its personnel;
- Analyzing and understanding trends in corporate and foundation giving;
- Designing, improving, and maintaining systems and templates to provide accurate and succinct information about corporate and foundation prospects and funding opportunities to faculty, staff, administrators, and fundraisers;
- Mastering the use of non-subscription research tools as well as subscription tools including Foundation Directory Online, GrantForward, and Pivot, including the creation of documents and in-person trainings to teach others across the institution to use these tools;
- Maintaining a strong understanding of current and emerging university priorities and research areas to determine alignment with foundation funders and funding opportunities;
- Building a network inside and outside the university to exchange information about funding opportunities, tools, and other information that will enhance the research capability of the CFR team;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be organized, analytical, and be detail-oriented. He/she will have a proven ability to grasp complex subjects, meet deadlines, and be a motivated self-starter with strong communication skills. A bachelor's degree and three to five years of related work experience is required. Experience with Foundation Directory Online and other research tools preferred.
This is a restricted position and continuation is dependent on funding. To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0623625. Complete an application online, attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and contact information for three references. The position will remain open until filled.
For questions about this position or the application process please contact Chris Cunningham at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia values diversity in all of its complexity and richness. We are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Required Minimum Level of Education: *Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
Preferred Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Minimum Level of Experience: Some - up to 4 years
Required Specific Experience: A minimum of two years of research experience.
Preferred Minimum Level of Experience: Extensive - 7 years plus
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be to research and analyze background and financial information using internet search engines and subscription-based foundation databases. Must be skilled in the use of these subscription- based foundation databases and able to train others on best practices. Must have demonstrated writing and proof-reading skills. Must be able to grasp complex subjects, meet deadlines, and communicate with a wide-variety of people.
Required Computer Applications: Must have a working knowledge of common Microsoft programs (Word, PowerPoint, Access) and an advanced level of proficiency with Excel.
Internal Number: 353_85005
About University of Virginia
Founded by Thomas Jefferson, the University of Virginia opened in 1825 as the nation's first public university. A longstanding dedication to preeminence in both scholarship and teaching; top ranking in global satisfaction, collegiality and work/family issues on the COACHE survey of early career faculty; a commitment to excellence that is integrally connected with diversity and a broad array of benefits make the University of Virginia a prime choice for both faculty and staff. The University of Virginia is located in the small cosmopolitan city of Charlottesville near the Blue Ridge Mountains, 70 miles from Richmond and 110 miles from Washington, D.C. The University of Virginia remains the No. 2 best public university in the 2013 edition of the U.S. News and World Report rankings. In the 14 years since U.S. News began ranking public universities as a separate category, U.Va. has ranked either No. 1 or No. 2. U.Va. continues to rank in the Top 25 among the best of all national universities, public and private.