Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers and its subsidiary, CiviTek, is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in Tallahassee, Florida.
The CFO is a lead position with responsibility for protecting association member interests. The ideal candidate has the financial acumen, leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper financial and operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and talented staff to effectively serve the organization and to ensure financial strength and operational efficiency. This position will participate in internal policy decisions involving finance, compliance, cost-benefit analysis and tax compliance. The CFO will accomplish these responsibilities through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the association.
In addition, this position will oversee contracts/purchasing, facilities, human resources and the professional accounting and banking services for three corporate entities and one governmental entity: Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers, CiviTek, CiviTek National Inc. and the Florida Courts E-Filing Authority.
The CFO will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will work closely with the CEO to align revenue growth strategies and monitor financial activities to support the strategic and operational plans for each individual entity and the enterprise as a whole.
CiviTek offers technology and E-commerce solutions for making payments and performing other government-related services through easy-to-use web-based platforms. All of our services are focused on helping citizens save time and safeguard money.
The Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers (FCCC) is a statewide, non-profit member association with the mission of improving the ability of the Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers to effectively and efficiently serve the citizens of the state through the education of elected officers and staff, legislative action and public awareness of the role and functions of the constitutional office.
Please visit www.flclerks.com and www.civiteksolutions.com to learn more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides day-to-day leadership, management, and oversight of the finance team to create a high-performing, collaborative culture that is performance-driven and strategically aligned with the goals of the organization.
* Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for operational infrastructure systems, processes, and personnel designed to execute the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
* Analyzes business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses and provides advice in conjunction with the Business Development Team.
* Prepares or directs the preparation of data, periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs, and other operational financial reports.
* Maintains current knowledge of Accepted Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, Federal Regulations, and Cost Accounting Principles and manages the accounting and finance function to ensure all financial transactions and any other applicable reporting requirements processed are accurate and timely.
* Provides predictive financial information for the development and execution of corporate strategies.
* Develops and ensures compliance with internal control policies, guidelines and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management and accounting for FCCC, CiviTek, CiviTek National Inc., and the Florida Courts E-Filing Authority.
* Provides strategic financial input and leadership on policy issues affecting all four entities: FCCC, CiviTek, CiviTek National Inc., and the Florida Courts E-Filing Authority (such as Employee benefits, retirement plans, and investments).
* Effectively manages the Human Resources team to ensure corporate objectives can be met by attracting and retaining the right people, in the right jobs, at the right time.
* Oversees the Human Resources functions to ensure all four entities are in compliance with policies, procedures, plan documents, and state & federal employment laws.
* Oversees procurement/contracts and facilities to ensure all four entities are operating effectively and efficiently and in compliance with policies, procedures and state & federal laws.
* Works with the Project Management Office to ensure that enterprise IT systems are aligned with corporate goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Effectively lead at a strategic and operational level with other organizational departments and/or organizational hierarchies.
* Effectively communicate and work with internal and external stakeholders from entry-level professional team members to elected officials.
* Lead and manage a team of professionals within multiple operational areas.
* Optimize organizational resources in a disciplined and cost-conscious manner.
* Monitor and direct financial health and organizational performance while simultaneously developing continuous improvement action plans.
* Ability to produce high-level results and achieve established goals consistently.
* Ability to effectively prioritize objectives in a dynamic and changing climate.
* Financial knowledge and business acumen covering multiple operational areas.
* Highly proficient financial management knowledge, skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE - REQUIRED AND PREFERRED:
* Ten years of upper-level accounting experience with five years working in a management role required; senior level management experience preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required
* CPA or MBA with significant accounting experience required.
* Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis required.
* A working knowledge of organizational development, Human Resources management, budget/resource development, and strategic planning required.
* Excellent skills in communication, leadership, problem solving, strategic thinking, with an ability to collaborate with a dynamic leadership team.
* Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to corporate mission as well as high ethical standards.
* Exceptional recent and relevant experience and/or education may be considered in lieu of stated requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send the following items in PDF format:
1.Cover letter including salary requirements.
3.Two examples of pertinent work product.
4.List of References. References will not be contacted unless you are a finalist and you will be notified before they are contacted.
Send attachments and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2018.
Preference may be given to those who apply earlier in order to fulfill critical business needs. Anticipated start date is no later than September 2, 2018.
Additional Salary Information: Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter.
About Florida Court Clerks and Comptrollers
The Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers is a statewide, non-profit member association with the mission of improving the ability of the Florida Clerks & Comptrollers to effectively and efficiently serve the citizens of the state through the education of elected officers and staff, legislative action and public awareness of the role and function of the office. Please visit us at www.flclerks.com to learn more about the Court Clerks and Comptrollers.