Belhaven University, a Christ-centered university located in Jackson, Mississippi, is seeking applications for the position of Admission Counselor in the Office of Admission at its Atlanta, GA location. Belhaven is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) and is committed to hiring individuals that fully support the vision and mission of the University as well as subscribe to its Statement of Faith.
• Must have the ability to passionately articulate the educational mission of Belhaven University to prospective students in a phone center environment.
• Responsible for daily interaction with identified student inquiries, applicants, accepted applicants and registered students. The telephone will be the primary means of communication. Text, chat, email, and face-to-face meetings will also be used.
• Engage students in conversation about their career objectives in order to help them identify the best Belhaven degree for their needs. Once degree options are identified, counselors will then coach students through the enrollment process.
• Obtain referrals from prospects to identify friends and family that could benefit from a Belhaven degree.
• Embrace best practice strategies in order to influence prospect decision-making throughout all stages of the enrollment funnel. Timely communication is paramount.
• Embrace and excel in a measured environment where daily, weekly and start information is monitored and used to create improved performance.
• Ability to learn and use the Colleague/Recruit database.
• Prepare and maintain appropriate records and reports for the purpose of monitoring recruitment results.
• Work closely with the office of student financial planning to provide accurate information concerning all aspects of the financial aid process. Encourage students to complete the FAFSA early in the process.
• Participate in professional development activities involving the Office of Admission.
• Stay informed of the competition. Know what other colleges’ activities are to make suggestions or recommendations on how strategies at Belhaven can be improved.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
No phone calls please
A bachelor’s degree is required.
The candidate must possess dynamic verbal and organizational skills and exude an affable demeanor.
Experience in college admission, marketing, or counseling is desired.
About Belhaven University - Atlanta Campus
Belhaven University Regional Campuses specialize in helping working adults earn both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Classes meet at the campus just once a week. We also offer the flexibility of a online degree programs. Whether attending in a classroom, or at home in their pajamas, our classes and are tailored for working professionals, and are designed and taught by professors who are field experts. Classes are small and personal and the curriculum is taught from a Christian worldview with practical application always in mind.